Skip to main content
Topic: Utility Trailers (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic
Utility Trailers
After much consideration I’ve decided that towing a small utility trailer (mobile work studio) is what I’ll need to do. The LD MB is my rig of choice.

What I’m finding a bit confusing is where to learn about the trailers; what makes one better than another, better brands to look at, what should I watch out for or stay away from, any tips/advice that can be shared would be greatly appreciated. I’m thinking only 6 feet wide, stand up in height, maybe 12 feet long or less. It’ll not have a great deal of weight in it, mainly old wooden broom making equipment, supplies, finished product and  cardboard shipping boxes.

Thanks in advance for all you can share!

Morty

Re: Utility Trailers
Reply #2
Hi Morty,
I have a 6x10 Haul mark Deluxe with the ramp door and six extra inches in height. I found it in good condition on Craigslist at a considerable savings from new. I pull it behind the Lazy Daze so I can bring my motorcycle and two bicycles , tools, gear, etc on our trips. It is really nice to keep toys inside, away from weather or theft concerns. The taller height allows me to ride the MC in without hitting my head as I enter.
I've had this for 5 years and towed it just shy of 20,000 miles.  Other than bulbs and bearing maintenance and a blown tire, it has been trouble free.
Backing up the trailer is simple after a little practice. It does increase my fuel consumption by 1 1/2 mpg. This is a larger effect than pulling the Jeep, likely due to the greater frontal area and wind redistance.
I hope this helps
Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #3
Thank you Joan and Harold! 🙂

Reply #4
Trailer Life magazine
2007 31 IB