Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Where do you hook up the compressed air blow-out hose? (Read 232 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Where do you hook up the compressed air blow-out hose?
Where do you hookup the compressed airline?
I went to a dealer class on winterizing and they said to hookup to the city water intake. This blew out my LD connector and I had to replace it. Easy to get to in bathroom behind the toilet.
Thanks again for your help.
Jerry CLASSCTURTLE.
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Re: Where do you hook up the compressed air blow-out hose?
Reply #1

Jerry, for starters, tell us what year and model of LD you have. Obviously you didn't go to a Lazy Daze "dealer" class.  ;) 

Chris

Reply #2
Here's a link in the Lazy Daze Companion: The Lazy Daze Companion: Winterize
Do you have a Laze Daze blow-out hose? It sort of looks like this: Amazon.com: Winterize RV, Motorhome, Boat, Camper, and Travel Trailer: Air...

If you don't have a blow-out hose, you need one. It connects to outflow side of the water pump. 

Chris
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #3
There are basically two water systems in a LD.  One, I call, is for the 'outside' water hookup system and the other , I call, is the Water Tank system.
Blowing out the 'Outside' water system will not 'winterize' your complete water system.

First job is the find your water pump.  There is a filter on the 'intake' side.  Both sides should of been hand thighten.  The blowout hose should been attached to the 'outtake' hose of the water pump.   

If you need the directions from the LD Manuel I can get em to ya......

glen

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #4
Hi. I seem to remember a fitting that screwed onto the outside water hose connection,  Camco Blow-Out Plug | Camping World  , that would allow blowing out most of the water lines in the motorhome. Use a low pressure, 20-40 psi maximum or you literally will blow out some water lines!   A flow of air through to all of the faucets will get a lot of the water.   As Glen said, that won't touch the water in your freshwater tank or parts of the pump and it's inlet filter hosing.  Freshwater will remain in your traps also. Use of the pink antifreeze solution, containing mostly salt and some propylene glycol won't get into your freswater lines if you use it for the traps.
    I believe the drain line/fitting for the hot water heater isn't quite at the bottom of the tank, so some water will remain there. I guess if you keep a flow of air through that drain for awhile it might take care of that residual water.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB