Skip to main content
Topic: Factory 19" Jensen HDTV issues (Read 98 times) previous topic - next topic
Factory 19" Jensen HDTV issues
Wife and I had a rare weekend getaway without the kiddos to attend a friends wedding. Of course we took the LD! We don't use the TV often but while we were getting ready for the wedding and hanging out the TV started to act up. The screen started to pixelate as if it wasn't getting a signal and then the screen when black and I was hearing a clicking noise from the back of the TV. Each time I would turn it off and then back on it would just go to a black screen and making the noise. I've actually replaced the capacitors before on a couple of HDTVs on the power supply and brought them back to life. I'm wondering if maybe the power supply could be the culprit on this TV too. I don't believe it to be a signal issue because the noise I was hearing was coming from the back of the TV and I don't believe it was coming from the speakers. I tried the TV last night in my driveway and it worked without issue but that could be because it wasn't on for an extended amount of time. Anyone had their factory Emerson 19" HDTV flake out on them? I've actually been considering upgrading to a 24" Jensen that has an HDMI input so I don't need to get an RCA to HDMI converter.

Jensen JTV24DC LED 12-Volt HDTV | Camping World

If I upgrade and am hoping it is just plug and play for the factory 2 pin molex power connection...appreciate any help!
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.