Skip to main content
Topic: Are Kwikee Level Best 2000 leveling jacks rebuildable? (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic
Are Kwikee Level Best 2000 leveling jacks rebuildable?
After years of great service, one of my jacks decided that it was time for an overhaul or replacement. Needless to say that for an older system, such as this, replacements are not readily available. I have tried to get in contact with Lippert. So far not successful. I have done a little research about rebuilding or used ones without any results.
Does anybody has a source or a suggestion for a replacement? Are these jacks rebuildable?

Aad Rommelse
2001 MB

Re: Are Kwikee Level Best 2000 leveling jacks rebuildable?
Reply #1
I know that Big Foot Levelers before the year 2000 are rebuildable.  Even though they say they are not.  WE bought $70 worth of  seals and my husband rebuilt all four cylinders.  We are not familiar with the Kwikee brand.  WE will research and get back to the foum.

Reply #2
After years of great service, one of my jacks decided that it was time for an overhaul or replacement. Needless to say that for an older system, such as this, replacements are not readily available. I have tried to get in contact with Lippert. So far not successful. I have done a little research about rebuilding or used ones without any results.
Does anybody has a source or a suggestion for a replacement? Are these jacks rebuildable?

See if there is a hydraulic repair shop in your vicinity and take your cylinder in for evaluation.
Most hydraulic cylinders are rebuildable.
Beside repairing worn cylinders, many shops can fabricate new cylinders or can bore and chrome plate the inner bore, if the cylinder is oversize or scored, to regain the original seal. Many times, all that is needed is a seal kit.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Larry and Others,

I just found out that my problem is not with a faulty jack cylinder. In my amateur way of doing things, I Interchanged the rear jack cylinders (left to right and right to left) It appears that the right rear, that was not working in its original location, is working on the left rear. Visa versa, the one that was working on the left is not working now on the right.
The hydraulic fluid is full. I did check out the valves for a shortened coil for the going down and they appear to be good. The valves for the upward position, I could not reach without dismantling the pump motor/ manifold assembly. I just may have to do this now. Hopefully just a stuck valve.  Any one with suggestions?

Aad

ps: Despite all my medical problems earlier this year, my 2-month-old pacemaker is making me able to crawl underneath our L D again.
2001 MB