Skip to main content
Topic: A Troubled TPMS Monitor (Read 208 times) previous topic - next topic
A Troubled TPMS Monitor
This afternoon I was getting the Rig ready to go just a few miles down the road.   I turned on the TPMS about 10 minutes before leaving and when I entered the cab, the monitor alerts were ringing.  WHAT!  WHAT!  The monitor reported all my tires were "low tire pressure."    I checked the tire pressure on one (1) tire and the pressure was correct.  And the monitor had switched temperatures from F. to C.   (Wonky dang TPMS Monitor!)

When I returned home, I reset the temperatures back to Fahrenheit.   While scrolling through the settings I saw the low tire pressure settings were 100 psi.  WHAT!   So I reset all the tire pressure and temperature settings for the Rig and the Subaru.  While reading the manual, I discovered how to reset all the settings to the Default Factory Settings, which included a low tire pressure of 100 psi.  One simply has to hold two (2) of the buttons for a few seconds.

Earlier in the day, the monitor slipped out of my hand as I was carrying it and I was able to snatch it before it hit the ground.   Well Good Folks, I had successfully snatched the monitor in midair and changed the settings back to the Default Factory Settings.   As the saying goes, "what are the odds?"

Re: A Troubled TPMS Monitor
Reply #1
This afternoon I was getting the Rig ready to go just a few miles down the road.  I turned on the TPMS about 10 minutes before leaving and when I entered the cab, the monitor alerts were ringing.  WHAT!  WHAT!  The monitor reported all my tires were "low tire pressure."    I checked the tire pressure on one (1) tire and the pressure was correct.  And the monitor had switched temperatures from F. to C.  (Wonky dang TPMS Monitor!)

When I returned home, I reset the temperatures back to Fahrenheit.  While scrolling through the settings I saw the low tire pressure settings were 100 psi.  WHAT!  So I reset all the tire pressure and temperature settings for the Rig and the Subaru.  While reading the manual, I discovered how to reset all the settings to the Default Factory Settings, which included a low tire pressure of 100 psi.  One simply has to hold two (2) of the buttons for a few seconds.

Earlier in the day, the monitor slipped out of my hand as I was carrying it and I was able to snatch it before it hit the ground.  Well Good Folks, I had successfully snatched the monitor in midair and changed the settings back to the Default Factory Settings.  As the saying goes, "what are the odds?"
I suggest you buy a lottery ticket, Ed. 🍀

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Earlier in the day, the monitor slipped out of my hand as I was carrying it and I was able to snatch it before it hit the ground.  Well Good Folks, I had successfully snatched the monitor in midair and changed the settings back to the Default Factory Settings.  As the saying goes, "what are the odds?"

May I suggest you stay out of thunder storms ......  lightning may find you.  

glen

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #3
I got a low pressure warning the other day.  It was the first chilly night.  I got the new tires when the outside temp was in the high ninety's. The overnight low was in the low 40.  Our RV's TPMS reminded me to top off the tires on the family car fleet. 
Ed, sorry to swipe your topic for a public service announcement.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath