Skip to main content
Topic: Winter is Coming. . .  (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic
Winter is Coming. . .
This is a spin off from the topic Bad News for older LDs  in which one of the posters who is 3 miles up a dirt road caught an early storm with a bad shoulder.  The topic veered from the subject to chain saws and dealing with snow and downed trees. 
We can continue it here...
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Re: Winter is Coming. . .
Reply #1
Thanks, Joel!

Winter is coming indeed. This was yesterday morning. We are done gardening for the year (except for the apples).
BTW, electric chainsaws rock!

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
I think electric chainsaws especially for homeowner use will soon dominate the market. Be a long time until the technology is goood enough for pro use but as I write that I'm thinking how fast pros have started using battery tools in construction. I'm no pro but I do a lot of building and a battery powered drill  and nail gun is all I ever use anymore. Sure beats dragging an extension cord or air line everywhere.I've seen sawsall tools that are battery operated and skill saws etc but not sure on the power of those as of yet. Love my Paslode though!

Paslode Nail Guns & Pneumatic Staplers at Lowes.com
Discuss anything with anyone and disagree agreeably. Always be polite and respectful.

Reply #3
Tools ......

Lowes and Home Depot of very dangerous stores for this family unit.   Normally one or the other has no desire to be there, wherever there is,  but those two traps and greases the flow of $$$$ for our wallets.

I am in the process of looking/buying a new impact drill.   And as usual my physics brain 'forces' me to study, investigate, and analysis the stuffing out of it.  Today I have DYI  Roybi stuff but I looking to more pro stuff maybe Milwaukee.   They seem to have the largest line.  

glen

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King