Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 California RV Show (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic
2019 California RV Show
So an old friend invited us to attend the RV show in Fontana next week just to check it out. I really have no interest in buying anything they might be selling. Is it worth going to?

California RV Show – Everything you need to know about the California RV Show

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: 2019 California RV Show
Reply #1
Well, I think the show would be worth going to, if for no other reason than to confirm your choice of a Lazy Daze.  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
I have been to a couple of them over the years and will admit it was fun to see so many different kinds of rigs and the many ways people can travel. I do find it kind of off-putting that you have to pay (parking and entrance) so all those sales people can give you their full court pressure. You must let them know right away you are a year or two away from buying anything. It is also interesting that the sales staff and reps will focus on the bells and whistles, rarely, if ever discussing construction, quality control, or even engine and tank specs. But you can see a variety of RVs in a short time (and dogs are allowed, I believe).
P.S. Both times I left convinced my LD was right for me.

Mike Liner
24' '08 FL towing Subaru Forester
2008 FL

Reply #3
I acknowledge that I am not above baiting an RV salesperson into spewing nonsense in response to my calculated "guileless" questions; it can be a challenge to take in the spiel and not burst out laughing.  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
So an old friend invited us to attend the RV show in Fontana next week just to check it out. I really have no interest in buying anything they might be selling. Is it worth going to?
California RV Show – Everything you need to know about the California RV Show

Good chance I will be going, good friends sold their old Class A and are looking for a replacement rig.
It the real RIVA RV show, the only one in Socal , everything else advertised are just sales events thrown by one of mega dealers.
The sales people can be aggressive but fun to mess with, if you are in the mood, it's easy to ignore them too and just walk away.
I want to question the Ford representatives about the 2020 E450s.
Beside that, I like looking at the other Class Cs, confirming we already own the best.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
"The sales people can be aggressive but fun to mess with, if you are in the mood...."
----
I may come down and we can tag team 'em!  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Mike, regarding parking, it says it’s free. Also, active duty and veterans get in free if you qualify.

Larry, I didn’t realize Ford reps would be there so that alone would make it worthwhile to me.

Joan, it’s always fun to mess with RV sales people so count me in!  :D
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
Looking on the Ford E450 forums it looks like ford will be putting in Lane Control, Adaptive Speed Control and other safety features. 

I do love my Adaptive Speed Control.   A few weeks ago I had the most relaxed drive from the Oregon coast in my life.   I was following a car letting them do all the braking and acceleration.   Could almost take a nap on the way home.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #8
Glen, we have adaptive CC on our Subaru and love it as well!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #9
"we have adaptive CC on our Subaru and love it as well!"

Ditto. My Ford F-150 pickup had it, as does my Subaru Outback. It makes highway driving less fatiguing, and I think it makes me a safer driver.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #10
Back on track. We will be attending the show on Monday, Oct. 7th. Maybe we'll see some of you there- just look for this motley crew!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #11
Larry, do you know where the Ford rep. will be?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #12
You're with a friend looking at RVs. You aren't in the market, so there is no stress.  You might learn something, see something, hear something. Best case - you confirm the LD is really the best choice; worst case - you see something you like even more. Of course it's worth going!
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #13
Larry, do you know where the Ford rep. will be?

In past years Ford had their own display of trucks. The show this year is at a new venue.
The maps is here, All I see is Sunset Ford's small display.
https://www.californiarvshow.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-California-RV-Show-Floor-Plan-2.pdf

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #14
Went to several RV "shows" in AZ while spending time in AZ over several winters.  Have to say that some of the big-ass 5th wheels were quite seductive; however, whenever we were approached by a salesperson, once we said we had a Lazy Daze, they each and all just dropped us from consideration.  Made the event easier.

TinaP
Former Owner of "Wild Thing"  2006 MB
2006 MB