Skip to main content
Topic: Weber iGrill Mini bluetooth kitchen thermometer for water heater (Read 114 times) previous topic - next topic
Weber iGrill Mini bluetooth kitchen thermometer for water heater

I use what I think of as the Andy Baird method of water heating.  I turn on the water heater, wait for the temperature to reach what I want, then use only the hot water.  For years I used an aquarium thermometer, but I got tired of the tiny buttons and tiny display, so a few years ago I got a Weber iGrill Mini bluetooth kitchen thermometer (which at the time was an iDevices Kitchen Thermometer mini).  The probe cable is 103 cm, which is long enough to place the probe next to the water heater tank and place the device on a nearby surface.  In my RK that's the back of the forward dinette seat.

I use the Weber iGrill iOS app, which works well.  I can keep my iPhone with me and see the temperature as the water heats, with an alert when the target temperature is reached.  The device also flashes red for an alert.

The app gives a "get ready" alert when the temperature is 6C below the target.

Before getting an iPhone a couple of years ago, I used the Android app, which was terrible, and often failed to pair with the device.  It's rated much higher now, so perhaps it's improved.

The device uses 1 CR2032 battery.  Battery life depends on usage.  I get about a year.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Re: Weber iGrill Mini bluetooth kitchen thermometer for water heater
Reply #1
Howard,
Cool, that is neat!
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Re: Weber iGrill Mini bluetooth kitchen thermometer for water heater
Reply #2
Mini thermometers and apps and alerts, oh my! I just fire the water heater and look at the clock; 10-15 minutes for warmer weather, 20-25 minutes when it's cold outside.  ;)

YM (and water temperatures) MV!
2003 TK has a new home