Skip to main content
Topic: What type of Bilstein shocks did factory use in 2006? (Read 173 times) previous topic - next topic
What type of Bilstein shocks did factory use in 2006?
Looking underneath my 2006 RB I see Bilsteins are on them. I assume they were an option at the factory since my detailed (prior) owner records don’t reflect they were installed aftermarket. They are yellow in color, which does not match what Amazon sells for this model. My question is whether these are HD or the comfort level Bilsteins. I presume HD given the weight of the vehicle. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.
2006 RB

Re: What type of Bilstein shocks did factory use in 2006?
Reply #1
CALL THE MOTHERSHIP THEY WILL KNOW
2007 31 IB

Reply #2
Looking underneath my 2006 RB I see Bilsteins are on them. I assume they were an option at the factory since my detailed (prior) owner records don’t reflect they were installed aftermarket. They are yellow in color, which does not match what Amazon sells for this model. My question is whether these are HD or the comfort level Bilsteins.

If Factory installed, your Bilsteins are the regular HD model.
Steve experimented using the Comforts Bilsteins on the new 23.5' E450s, in 2002-2003, and didn't like them as there was little difference between them and the stock Ford shocks, other than longevity .
He sold me the one set of Comforts they had tried in early 2003 and they were then installed on our 23.5' FL. 
The rear shocks are still in use after 118,000 miles.
Older Bilsteins were painted yellow, newer models are bare aluminum.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
My 2006 30' TB has the yellow Bilsteins and yes they were an option that year. They work great for me!

Mike S.
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition