Skip to main content
Topic: No leaks found in water line...? (Read 223 times) previous topic - next topic
No leaks found in water line...?
Hey all,

I just took my LD in to shop to get the water lines checked out.  Back in May when I took my little trip, it appeared there was a leak under the carriage near the tailpipe. Initially I thought it was from the tail pipe, but then I found the front exterior compartment had gotten wet and it was dripping right under there. Per the RV guy I called, I checked the hot water furnace but found no sign of leak. The water dripping under the carriage WAS warm, but I thought that was due to the hot weather.

I brought my RV in on Tuesday and the owner of the shop said he hooked up the LD to shore water AND filled the tank some, then left the water pump on overnight and all day, and checked all the fittings under the sinks and in the bathroom and found no signs of leaks anywhere. When I went to pick up today I checked the area I found the water before and it was totally dry.  He also left the hot water heater on and ran the hot water and found nothing.  I did same and also saw no evidence of leaks where the water had been that one time.

The RV shop guy thinks the water was probably coming from the pop up valve in the hot water heater, but running down behind the heater instead of in the front where I'd see it. He could not replicate the problem.

I am still trying to sell my LD and wanted to makes sure it was all in good, working order or at least have an estimate of cost of repair so potential buyers would know what they are getting. RV shop says the line is find and everything is in good working order.  Thoughts on what this could be? Do you think he's right?

Other than that, my LD is running great and shop confirmed that all systems in the house are good. I even had the rear Fantastic fan repaired and got new running light covers. All of this is of course giving me second thoughts about selling, but I still think it's the best thing for me to do right now.

Thanks,
Lisa
1991 22' LD Multi-Plan

Re: No leaks found in water line...?
Reply #1
No ideas, eh? 

1991 22' LD Multi-Plan

Re: No leaks found in water line...?
Reply #2
On our MB there is a strainer between the water tank and the water pump.  The plastic bowl of the strainer had developed a hair line crack that caused a leak whenever the level in the water tank was higher than the crack.  I often travel with less than a half tank of water, and at the time almost made use of the city water hookup, so the leak was interment.  To make matters worse the crack was hidden from view.  I discovered the crack when I winterized. Part of the my procedure is to remove the filter. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath