Skip to main content
Topic: Q (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Q
Reply #1
Thanks, Jerry. If I ever need a hot tub or fanny pack, I know where to go!   ;)
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
"...make the trek to Quartzsite RV show..."

Those "useless" products at Q may be just that but it goes without saying that the vendors would not come back year after year if there was no money to be made.  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
But there's so much more there than that big tent.  The rock shows, the flea (fleece) markets, the outdated foodstuffs at bargain prices, the book store,  the BLM shutting down the dump station when the government runs out of funds.
Did I mention the people watching?
I'll go for the LD camping....
and the sunsets
 ;)
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #4
Frankly the 'Big Tent' is not any different then either a state fair, outdoor market, garage sale or Walmart.    Americans (the USA type) love to shop.    Quality has never been a big issue with us.    
Between you and me I go to the Q to escape the nasty weather icy rainy snowy winter weather hitting the large part of this country.    And to enjoy the company of others that are as astute as I am........ <smile>

Below is a personal photo log of last years trip.  

Snowbird Trip 2019 - Google Photos
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #5
Glen,

Nice photo log. I especially liked the corn dog...🤗

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #6
Glen and DW, what a shame that you guys hardly do anything with your cats:) Please, where is stump tree with all the stuff hanging, and where is Post Office?
2005 RK

Reply #7
Glen and DW, what a shame that you guys hardly do anything with your cats:) Please, where is stump tree with all the stuff hanging, and where is Post Office?

<smile> about the cats ......    Our boys are great campers.     Our kids , adults in their 40's, just roll their eyes at us.  They, the kids, believe we treat them, the cats,  better then we treated them.   Between you and me they, the kids, are probably right. 

The stump tree is desert art just outside of  Joshua Tree National Park.   Along the Park boarder is BLM land.   Good boon docking area.    Far enough away from I-10 so you don't hear any highway noice with very good cell reception.   The Post Office is one of the buildings in Quartziste.    Most folk just drive thru the city but on foot it has some very interesting places.   I've walked all over the town.     On foot you always 'see' more then driving by. 

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King