Skip to main content
Topic: Bluetooth speakerphone? (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic
Bluetooth speakerphone?
Any recommendations for a bluetooth speakerphone to connect with my iPhone to make and receive calls? Is this what some Garmin GPS units do?

Thanks.
2006 RB

Re: Bluetooth speakerphone?
Reply #2
The iPhone's built-in speakerphone function works pretty well for me.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
A bluetooth stereo receiver with touch screen and Apple Play like this would solve my problem. Has anyone installed one in their LD?
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-1400NEX Digital Multimedia Receiver: Car Electronics

Crutchfield shows it can be installed with a kit and some modification inside the dash.
Here is the most recent model.
Pioneer AVH-1550NEX DVD receiver at Crutchfield

Larry
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
A bluetooth stereo receiver with touch screen and Apple Play like this would solve my problem. Has anyone installed one in their LD?
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-1400NEX Digital Multimedia Receiver: Car Electronics

Last year I purchased something similar to that.  Double din, BIG face, blue tooth, USB port, small audio jack port, Apple Car Play, port for rear camera ready.  Mine does not have the CD tray visible.  I had Crutchfield install the unit in Charlottesville (the company HQ and they have a store front there).  I love the set, but during long periods of idleness the owner (me) forgets how to use it.  As luck would have it, the receiver is user friendly.  The set came with a microphone for voice input (mainly phone).  I can be sitting at the table in my midbath and speak in a normal tone of voice (parked).  The person at the other end can copy my signal 5 by 5 ...errr ... hear me loud and clear ... errr  would you believe hear me perfectly.  The big icon touch buttons on the set's large screen make it easy to switch from an audible story to a radio station to google maps to a phone call.  It is very slick and easy to use without drawing to much attention from the road.  What is real nice is that I can plug in my phone via bluetooth and the wife's phone via another route so we can switch from phone to phone for content.  Apple Car Play (we both have iPhones) only recognizes one phone or the other.  The second phone must be operated from that phones interface.
John
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #6
Any recommendations for a bluetooth speakerphone to connect with my iPhone to make and receive calls? Is this what some Garmin GPS units do?
I have a "Jabra Freeway Bluetooth in-Car Speakerphone" since several years and I'm very happy with it.

Yes, some Garmin GPS units do also have this function - i. e. my Garmin RV 770. However, I prefer the Jabra device for this, mainly because it is attached to the sun visor which means that microphone and speaker are rather close to my head.

My last year newly installed radio (Kenwood KMM-BT522HD; around $120 from Crutchfield) has also this functionality and even comes with a separate microphone, but I have not tried this so far because I use the radio only rarely.

Klaus
2001 26.5 Mid-Bath