Skip to main content
Topic: Broken mirror on wardrobe door (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic
Broken mirror on wardrobe door
On the last trip with my children and grandchildren the mirror on the wardrobe door cracked. Anybody had this happen? I looked at the door rather carefully, and I don't see how to replace the mirror. Suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Judy
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK

Re: Broken mirror on wardrobe door
Reply #1
We have a cracked mirror also,  haven't looked yet to see how to fix it.  As soon as we  do I'll post it.
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #2
Maybe a glass shop might offer ideas or possibly be able to replace the broken mirror?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Maybe a glass shop might offer ideas or possibly be able to replace the broken mirror?

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I see is it looks like the edging which holds the mirror has been glued on. There are no visible screws, so to replace the mirror, the edging would need to be taken off, meaning it would need replacing. I'm thinking the glass shop wouldn't have that kind of edging, but it's worth a try.
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK

Reply #5
It might be the mirror gets put in from the back side and then the entire structure attached to the wall.
Or could be a frame is on the wall and the mirror out in/on and the lip of he frame is added that holds the mirror.

With how others encounter Lazydaze construction likely glue and nails were used - look for brad nails work the small heads. Hopefully the mirror is not glued in - if a piece slides around likely it was not.

Jane

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #6
Call the Mothership and ask how to repair it. They know what's possible.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
Great idea, Larry! Thanks. That's what I'll do.

-Judy
I called the Mothership. They can fix the mirror, but I would need to either visit the shop (after making an appointment, of course) or ship the door to them. They could also ship me a new door. The last two options are expensive, primarily because of shipping costs. I live in Idaho but I do occasionally visit California. I have wanted to see the factory, so that is an option.

The other option is to take it to an RV repair shop or someone who does carpentry. As I suspected, the trim holding the mirror on the door is glued on so it will have to be replaced.

I'm headed to Tucson after Christmas. I had two excellent experiences with a large RV repair shop there last winter, so I have the option to have them fix the mirror.
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK

Reply #9
"I'm headed to Tucson after Christmas. I had two excellent experiences with a large RV repair shop there last winter, so I have the option to have them fix the mirror."

Would you be willing to reveal the name of this RV repair shop, please?

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona

Reply #10
"I'm headed to Tucson after Christmas. I had two excellent experiences with a large RV repair shop there last winter, so I have the option to have them fix the mirror."

Would you be willing to reveal the name of this RV repair shop, please?

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona

You bet! Freedom RV Northwest Service Center, 6260 N. Travel Center Dr, Tucson 85741 - 520-229-9187. They have three establishments. This is the one just off I-10 at the Orange Grove Rd exit. They are busy. I would call a couple of weeks ahead for an appointment. They had to order parts for some of my repairs so it took two days.

Beside the good work they did, I was impressed the first time I went in. The shop manager was very patiently explaining to an elderly gentleman how to repair his RV himself.
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK

Reply #11
I just had work done at B&C RV and Marine Repair, 3528 S Dodge, Tucson, 520-745-9586.  They have been around for many years, and were originally called Big Als RV Repair.  They did a good job on a number of issues that I didnt have the time to get to, and you might check them out.  I like smaller operations that I can talk with the owner and people who will be doing the work.

Reply #12
I just had work done at B&C RV and Marine Repair, 3528 S Dodge, Tucson, 520-745-9586.  They have been around for many years, and were originally called Big Als RV Repair.  They did a good job on a number of issues that I didnt have the time to get to, and you might check them out.  I like smaller operations that I can talk with the owner and people who will be doing the work.
Good to know about another reliable repair shop! Thanks for the info on them!

That's what I liked about Freedom RV. I talked extensively with the shop manager and the guy who actually did the work. The guy who did the work took a late lunch so he could fix a broken roof hatch mechanism a couple weeks later. The gal at the desk said it would be at least two hours because it was lunch time, but the next thing I knew he was in the RV fixing it.

-Judy
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK