Skip to main content
Topic: Broken bathroom door latch (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic
Broken bathroom door latch
Hi all,
Just discovered the spring loaded latch on my bathroom door has broken. This is the one that secures the door closed, not the one that keeps it open. 2005 midbath, 26’. Does anyone have a source for this item. I don’t see a part number on it. Hoping this is a Home Depot type of part.

Thanks
David G
2005 MB

Re: Broken bathroom door latch
Reply #1

David,

At first I thought you were taking about the “better half” of the door latch. We experience issues with the latch that keeps the door open.

I did purchase this latch part from the Mothership. They may well have the part you need. I paid $10 for our part. Yours may be slightly more.

If you haven’t given them a call, it may well be there waiting for you. Amazon may also be a useful supply line. Here’s one from Amazon. Encell Set of 4 Push Latch Catch for RV Caravan Cupboard Motorhome Boat Amazon.com: Encell Set of 4 Push Latch Catch for RV Caravan Cupboard...

Good luck. We are still using our OEM latch and now have a backup. Always good to have a spare. 😼

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Thanks Kent,

I know the mothership is always a good choice for getting items. Just wondering if I could find the same latch locally. The other latch broke ages ago and was replace with another from them.

David
2005 MB

Reply #3
Just wondering if I could find the same latch locally. The other latch broke ages ago and was replace with another from them.

That plastic latch is a somewhat universal door latch.  I found a replacement at a local RV store.  And I've seen them on-line.  I thought I get this posted and then try to find an on-line link for you.  Btw, are you also wanting a picture of the OEM BR door latch?

Edit:  Amazon.com: JR Products 20505 Sliding Door Privacy Latch - Brown: Gateway
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #4
Hi Ed,

Actually, the part that broke is the lever latch part that pushes out to secure the door closed on the inside of the bathroom door. When you push the lever to open the door, it looks like there is another little spring inside the latch that pushed the locking part closed. I need this inside latch and I guess the part you linked to. And thanks by the way!

David
2005 MB

Reply #5
Hello Dave.  The part from Amazon is exactly the same as on my Rig and matches the original.   Perhaps you have an after market latch? 

Reply #6
The bathroom door latch shown in the photo David posted for his 2005 MB is the same as the latch on the bath door of my 2003 TK; the latch on my door is original. I don't know if or when the bathroom door latches on later model LDs may have changed, but I suggest that calling the factory for a replacement may be the easiest and quickest solution.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
What you showed me Ed, is what I have on the outside of the bathroom door. On the inside is the piece I posted. They connect through the door. I'll contact LD for the replacement. Attached is the complete set. Sounds like yours is a bit less trouble.

David
2005 MB