Skip to main content
Topic: New owners of an awesome 2008 Rear Bath Lazy Daze! (Read 222 times) previous topic - next topic
New owners of an awesome 2008 Rear Bath Lazy Daze!
Very happy to report that after posting a WTB ad here on the site we were put in touch with an extremely nice retired couple in Alabama and were able to strike a deal. We drove down from Maryland over the weekend with our three boys and picked up this beautiful 2008 rear bath LD with only 19,800 miles! It was cared for dearly by the previous owner and kept in covered storage. They were happy to see it going to a family with young children to enjoy. We are excited to make some great memories and adventures in our new LD. Next year I turn 40 and will be signing up for RAGBRAI (Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) and need to have a place to call "home" in the evenings each night. I will be riding 60-70 miles per day for a week to make it across the entire state. WHEW. We were planning on renting an RV but the stars aligned and we were able to own one. It is currently being inspected (Maryland requires a full inspection in order to get tags, title, etc.) so hopefully it passes with flying colors and we can get it tagged and on the road. My wife is the director of a nursery school so she has the summer off so her and the boys can take off on adventures whenever they like. This week we are deep diving into the manual to ensure we understand it as best as possible. This site is also an amazing resource. Happy to join the club!

argh, can anyone help me post a picture!?
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Re: New owners of an awesome 2008 Rear Bath Lazy Daze!
Reply #1
Congratulations on your Nu-To-U RB. Sounds like a fantastic find.

In answer to your question about posting photos, here is a post I made a while back in regards to the topic while using my iPhone.

I always post using my iPhone and often include photos.

Once you have typed your response/post in this "Quick Reply" box, "click" on the "Preview" button (there it is next to the Post button just below and outside the "Quick Response" box). This will open a new window above the "Quick Response" box that shows what you have typed.

Next, scroll down to relocate the Quick Response Box and look below it to find the "Attach" feature. Now, click the "Choose Files" Button. Now a window will pop up below giving you some options. Click "Photo Library" to access your iPhone/smart phone photo files.

Once your photos are selected click "done" and you will be returned to "Response" page. Now click the "Preview Button" again to view your post once again.

Your photos will appear down below the initial unedited response window. Once you are happy with everything simply click "Post" and you will have added your selected images to your response/post/thread.

Have fun. It's much easier than it sounds and once you've done it a couple of times it is actually a very smooth process.

Good luck

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Second attempt at picture! Thanks for the guidance Kent! I should of been posting from my iPhone to keep it simple!
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #3
Second attempt at picture! Thanks for the guidance Kent! I should of been posting from my iPhone to keep it simple!

Sweet!!  And looks like you got the "right color" too!!!  LOL

Btw, there's a fair number of cyclists here....including me...well until a skateboarder took me down and I fractured my pelvis in a few spots....I did LOTOJA a few years back....203 miles one day....no need to do that again...good luck on your ride!!
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #4
Welcome to the group; my first LD was a rear bath too when my kids were young!  It is a great plan, especially with young kids like yours!  You will have a blast with your well-built LD!

Best to you,

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #5
Welcome to this fabulous group.  You will have miles of joy in your beautiful rig.  I so love younger families making a purchase of the best RV on the road.  14 years ago, I saw a young family sitting on the top of their LD watching the sun set in Sedona and that image has always stayed with me.  We’re on our second and final LD and wouldn’t have any other. 

Happy Trails to you and your family!

Jules

'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Reply #6
Welcome aboard the FOLD (Fraternal Order of Lazy Daze).  It won't be that long until those kids will be learning to drive the rig.  Many happy miles on it before then.
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE