Skip to main content
Topic: Connecting tv to radio speakers  (Read 235 times) previous topic - next topic
Connecting tv to radio speakers
Has anyone tried connecting tv audio to radio to use the radio speakers?

Re: Connecting tv to radio speakers
Reply #1
I use a stereo audio cable with male RCA plugs at the 24" Jensen LED TV stereo audio output sockets to a stereo mini plug inserted into our Sony Radio stereo Aux-In socket. Set the Sony input to "Aux" and turn up the volume (much higher than for Sony radio listening) and you are done.   
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #2
Ditto for me, however, I have noticed quite a bit of hum or noise in the audio feed if I am running the generator at the same time.

For our RB, I will more often than not use a Bluetooth speaker connected to the Jensen TV via a six foot lead.

Placing the speaker on the cab over mattress directly behind the TV does a fine job of reproducing the sounds center placement. It also saves the coach batteries as well.

The Bluetooth speaker’s battery is usually good for a movie or two of audio.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
I did, similar to what Mike did.  I couldn't hear my replacement TV, so I first got a sound bar.  That worked fairly well if I was in the dinette, with the sound bar speakers pointed toward me, but if I was in bed in the back, I lost all treble, because the speakers pointed toward the cab.  A buddy here suggested using the rig's stereo.  I got a 35' stereo cable with 3.5mm phono plugs on each end, plugged into the TV's headphone jack and ran the cable to the AUX input on the stereo.  After tucking the cable away to the best of my ability, I had 2 feet left over.  I now have the front speakers for when I am at the dinette and the rear speakers when I an in the back. 

I gave my buddy the sound bar.  This way works so much better.

Ken F in WY
'08 MB

Reply #4
I connected a small Bose Blue Tooth Speaker via a 6 foot chord.  It works great allowing us to hear the tv when a/c is running.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #5
I connected a small Bose Blue Tooth Speaker via a 6 foot chord.  It works great allowing us to hear the tv when a/c is running.

Recently I used a decibel meter app to measure A/C  sound in our Rig.  After some tests with the A/C running, I found that when I close the main A/C vent, open the forward and rear A/C vents, and close the BR door on our MB, the A/C noise is reduced to 55 decibels vs 68 decibels.  We’re able to listen to the TV much more comfortably.

Reply #6
Ditto for me, however, I have noticed quite a bit of hum or noise in the audio feed if I am running the generator at the same time.

Kent

This is call 60Hz hum.   This 'noise' is injected from non-isolated power producers.     This fix could be cheap or very expensive.   Without a very good accurate wiring diagram I'd only be guessing.   Basically the 'cure' is to put a  isolating capacitor between the generator and the  house wiring.  

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #7
I did similar to Mike except I had to get a converter to go from optical output on TV to RCA jacks.
Jay Carlson
2003  LD RB
2005 Bigfoot 40MH35LX
rvingjaygwynne.wordpress.com

Reply #8
I use a 'Soundfly' to play mp3 music off of an SD card. It transmits to a FM radio station of my choice. I take it in the back (dinette). It still can reach the radio antenna. It has an input jack for a headphone connection cable from the TV. So my radio remote, or TV remote can control the sound. FM band seems noise free, just a short wire.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB