Skip to main content
Topic: What does the switch above panel do? (Read 217 times) previous topic - next topic
What does the switch above panel do?
I can’t seem to find a label for this switch above the panel in the manual. What does it do?
1989 TK

Re: What does the switch above panel do?
Reply #1
Perhaps the floor isle night light. In our ‘15 RB our switch is above the galley on the side of the cabinet. The actual light is a few inches above the floor on the same side of the rig as the switch.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
My 1987MP originally did not have a microwave.  The original owner had the factory install one(soon after purchase).  When the factory did, they added a switch like that for a fan behind the microwave.  The factory was not sure at the time if the microwave would overheat without it.  My 1987MP sold last night to a new family.  I did check it last night when the new owners asked what it was for.  My fan was noisy and obvious it was a fan, but if the fan no longer works or was removed how would you know.  You could check the roof and see if there is a penetration in the roof for a vent someone above the microwave.    

JohnF
2003 T/K
2003 TK

Reply #3
Hmmm.. Kent's guess might be right - we don't have that switch in our 89TK (and no indicators one was every there).  We have no switch for the "floor" light that is on the side of the kitchen cabinet (towards the cab side of the kitchen), so it might run that one.  It might have been a special request by the original owners, so you might need to turn it on and off while checking what still works/doesn't work (e.g. lights, fans, outlets, etc.).
The two switches by the door do sets of lights (e.g. "entry" is really ceiling lights and bathroom lights), so it might be a three way switch for that set of lights - make sure they are turned on at the light itself before trying the switch above the panel.
Note:  Reading John's post, we didn't have a factory installed microwave (use a countertop one).

Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #4
Where exactly in the coach is the switch located? Hard to tell from the photo.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
Greg, the switch is just above the original panel (for tank levels, etc.) that is between the upper kitchen cabinets (on the outside wall of the TK).
Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #6
Thanks, Jane. My initial thought was it might be the switch for the exterior porch light but probably not in that location.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
In my 1988 MB it runs a fan behind the built in microwave oven and is vented to the roof.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath