Skip to main content
Topic: electric step issue... (Read 117 times) previous topic - next topic
electric step issue...
I did a search to find the possible issues and nothing is obvious to me after looking at it.  It has been lubed.  The problem is it stopped working, then started working for a time, and has stopped again in the closed position.   Any ideas....    2016 MB       Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Re: electric step issue...
Reply #1
I did a search to find the possible issues and nothing is obvious to me after looking at it.  It has been lubed.  The problem is it stopped working, then started working for a time, and has stopped again in the closed position.   Any ideas....    2016 MB       Frank

Last summer that happened to ours. I replaced the motor and have had no problems since. You might have a different make. Here is the thread and near the bottom, there is a link to a video on replacing it. Kwikee Electric Step Failed

Jim

Re: electric step issue...
Reply #2
I lubed it and it sat over night.  Checked the main plug and it had the grease in it already.  This morning it's working fine.

Theory:  I missed a lube point or two before.  It was binding and the motor wouldn't start.   A possibility?     Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato