Skip to main content
Topic: AC Cooling Coils (Read 282 times) previous topic - next topic
AC Cooling Coils
About 6 weeks ago I used a cleaning foam designed for the AC cooling coils.   I did 2 treatments.   We used the AC 24 hours a day in Gulf Shores ( hot and humid) and again on this trip.   I’m certain that the AC is producing much colder air.   It’s actually frigid air. 

Yesterday the high temperature was 98 degrees with a heat index of 108 degrees.   The temperature inside the LD was 75 degrees and the unit regularly cycled off.   I’ve added coil cleaning to our annual maintenance schedule. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Re: AC Cooling Coils
Reply #1
We are having some maintenance by our favorite RV Tech, Will Gifford, of Custom RV Services in Conway Arkansas.  He sent us these before and after of our AC Coils.  You would be amazed how dirty these can get...but good idea to add to maintenance plan. 

See attached photos
2003 Lazy Daze 26.5 MidBath
Professional Virtual Tour Photographers

Reply #2
There’s not much that is as helpful in these kinds of discussions like before and after pictures.   Without a doubt your AC is going to be immensely more efficient.  Thank you for sharing.

Reply #3
Thanks guys.....now I have another excuse to get on the roof.

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #4
Being from the refrigeration field, the hardest point to get across to customers was the necessity of cleaning the evaporator coil. But don't stop there, the condenser is as important. It will look clean and be nearly plugged. Air and blow it out would be the easiest. Make sure there is some kind of hail guard or it'll be mashed flat in a single storm.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #5
We are having some maintenance by our favorite RV Tech, Will Gifford, of Custom RV Services in Conway Arkansas.  He sent us these before and after of our AC Coils.  You would be amazed how dirty these can get...but good idea to add to maintenance plan. 
What the heck was covering your coils? My A/C coils never had more than dust on them.
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #6
There are two sets of coils, the condenser coils, on the roof, and the evaporator coils which are also accessible from the roof, with a bit of disassembly  . Our roof’s coils collect leaves and dirt, it gets vacuumed and washed every two years, after removing the AC’s plastic cover.
The cool evaporator’s coil become wet, with use and can get plugged with a dirty, lint-like material. Access is difficult and foam cleaners can be useful, I assume this is what Ed used. It’s a lot easier than the rooftop disassembly.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze