Skip to main content
Topic: Sealand 511+ toilet lid/seat hinges (bone color)? (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic
Sealand 511+ toilet lid/seat hinges (bone color)?
The kids left the seat up and the lid banged closed while driving shattering the hinges for the toilet.  Does anyone know the best place to get replacement hinges?  The seat and lid are fine.

Thanks,

Mike S.
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition

Re: Sealand 511+ toilet lid/seat hinges (bone color)?
Reply #1
The kids left the seat up and the lid banged closed while driving shattering the hinges for the toilet.  Does anyone know the best place to get replacement hinges?  The seat and lid are fine.

I'd bet Home Depot or Lowes would have all the hinge choices you could imagine.   Btw we bought a OEM matching toilet seat from Home Depot in the exact color made by Bemis.  Hope this helps.

Reply #2
Ace has 'em. Take the remains of the original hinges to match them.
Harry 2006RB

Reply #3
Mike-

Of all the modifications I made to the LD, the slow-close toilet lid was voted "best improvement."

For our LD, I bought an American Standard slow-close lid (part number 5345.110.021) from FaucetDirect (link here)

Our current coach came with a Bemis slow-close lid, probably from Home Depot.

Mark H.
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #4
I did the soft close lid modification to our MidBath shortly after buying it in 2011.  A standard lid from a local hardware store will fit just fine.  I did have a time installing it as the nuts were difficult to grab.  I noticed when replacing a toilet lid in the house there are much improved kits out there.  These have extended plastic bolts that break off when fully tightened.  The remaining bolt looks like a standard bolt so tightening again (hopefully much later) or removal is not a issue.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Thank you all.  I think I will look for the slow close lid. That seems like a good idea in the LD.

Mike S.

Reply #6
I rebuilt the sealand toilet in my RV and replaced the lid with a standard elongated slow close lid from HD.  Fit perfectly and works great.

Reply #7
Well, I could not find the toilet seat hinges online or at Ace, Lowes or Home Depot.  It seems that soft close toilet seats are only available in plastic and I wanted a wood seat.

As Ed and Margee posted two years ago, the Bemis toilet seat from Home Depot is a perfect fit for $19.54.

BEMIS Lift-Off Never Loosens Round Closed Front Toilet Seat in Bone-521EC...

Mike S.