Skip to main content
Topic: Pump change out (Read 142 times) previous topic - next topic
Pump change out
So I changed out the pump today, no big deal just a little hard to get to. When I got the old pump out I was amazed to see the MFG date was 10/93. I'd have to say that was pretty good service. Now my question, why does Lazy Daze put an auxiliary shut off switch next to the shower and toilet?

Thanks and have a great day,
Jon...
1994 MB

Re: Pump change out
Reply #1
When I got the old pump out I was amazed to see the MFG date was 10/93. I'd have to say that was pretty good service.

Now my question, why does Lazy Daze put an auxiliary shut off switch next to the shower and toilet?

The old Whisper King pumps were well built. Our 1983 LD had the original Whisper King pump when we sold it in 2002.

A pump power switch, in the bath, might have been owner installed, it's a good idea and occasionally done as an enhancement.
I never have seen or read about a Factory switch in this location, someone may have convinced Steve to add one, who knows?
It isn't standard, AFAIK.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
In one of our previous SOB's, there was an additional pump switch in the bathroom...it was quite convenient for those moments when you "were doing your business" but had forgotten to turn the pump on at the main panel....

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #3
Our HiLo trailer had an auxiliary switch as well. Very convenient.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264