Skip to main content
Topic: Chuck Carvitto Dually Valve Stem Kits (Read 293 times) previous topic - next topic
Chuck Carvitto Dually Valve Stem Kits

Dear Fellow LDO's

Well it's now official, a week ago today I arrived back in Ohio (from Portland Oregon) with my new to me 2009 Island Bed.

Along the way I experienced tire pressure issues, and to make a long story short, it all came down to the tire installer failing to properly tighten the all of the valve stems when he installed my new tires. The LD is now sitting at my local tire shop waiting to have all of the valve stems inspected and corrected.

While I'm waiting I was thinking of getting the TireMan valve stem kits, but it appears that Chuck is no longer in business and the website, while still up, isn't taking any orders.

Does anyone here know where to get these or a good alternative?

Much appreciated,
Ron
2009 31' IB "BoonDoggle"
2014 Honda CRV Towed

Re: Chuck Carvitto Dually Valve Stem Kits
Reply #1
Chuck Carvito died last year, and I don't think his line of stems is available anymore.  A search of this forum will bring up many discussion of aftermarket custom valve stems.  You may want to start with: Valve Stem thread

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Ron, I believe the "Tire Man" has passed away and his business is no longer operational.  Others have posted about "Borg" tire kits, which are essentially the same as the Tire Man's.  I'm not sure where to get them.

Where in Ohio do you reside?  We are in West. PA, just north of Pittsburgh.  At our recently rally, we had three LDers from Michigan who are interested in re-starting the Great Lakes Club.  We are active members of the NELD-East group and you are certainly welcome to join any of our activities.

Best wishes and safe travels in your LD.

Bob
2011 MB

Reply #3
Hello Bob,

I'm sorry to hear about Chuck, I've read many good things about him here. I was hoping it was retirement...life is so short.

Thank you for the tip on the Borg's and the thread on valve stems. I usually do a forum search, but didn't in this case.

I'm definitely interested in the groups and thank you for the invites.

While the LD we bought is in great condition there are a couple things I need to take care of before I get her back on the road, one of which are new coach batteries. This will probably be the topic of my next post!

Thanks again,
Ron
2009 31' IB "BoonDoggle"
2014 Honda CRV Towed

Reply #4
Chuck Carvito died last year, and I don't think his line of stems is available anymore.  A search of this forum will bring up many discussion of aftermarket custom valve stems.  You may want to start with: Valve Stem thread

Art
Thank you Art. The thread helped! Ron
2009 31' IB "BoonDoggle"
2014 Honda CRV Towed

Reply #5
The "Tire Man" did pass away a while back, as I learned when I tried to order. His daughter actually returned my phone call about ordering and shared the news.

I ordered duallyvalve instead and finally had them installed a few months ago. So far so good. Be SURE to order the correct kit for your rims. Many kits are similar/same except for the rubber pieces that hold the stem in the center of the hole it sticks out of. I ordered the wrong kit and in a pinch got some sent quickly from amazon.

Pete
Pete
1994 RB

Reply #6
The "Tire Man" did pass away a while back, as I learned when I tried to order. His daughter actually returned my phone call about ordering and shared the news.

I ordered duallyvalve instead and finally had them installed a few months ago. So far so good. Be SURE to order the correct kit for your rims. Many kits are similar/same except for the rubber pieces that hold the stem in the center of the hole it sticks out of. I ordered the wrong kit and in a pinch got some sent quickly from amazon.

Pete
Pete,

I followed the link that Art posted where I found a link to Duallyvalve. With so many options, i can see how you could get the wrong valve kit. I think I will wait until Tuesday and give them a call to make sure I have what I need.  Thanks for the tip.

Ron
2009 31' IB "BoonDoggle"
2014 Honda CRV Towed

Reply #7
Ron, I believe the "Tire Man" has passed away and his business is no longer operational.  Others have posted about "Borg" tire kits, which are essentially the same as the Tire Man's.  I'm not sure where to get them.

Where in Ohio do you reside?  We are in West. PA, just north of Pittsburgh.  At our recently rally, we had three LDers from Michigan who are interested in re-starting the Great Lakes Club.  We are active members of the NELD-East group and you are certainly welcome to join any of our activities.

Best wishes and safe travels in your LD.

Bob

Borg Equipment and Supply in Tujunga CA has the identical stems that Chuck C "invented".  Many discussions on other forums about how they got the design?  Regardless, Kelli at Borg has been very helpful with ordering all the different designs and applications on several other RV forums.

page_404    Not all info showed on web site but contact numbers available
2003 MB

Reply #8

Borg Equipment and Supply in Tujunga CA has the identical stems that Chuck C "invented". 

Borg  Tire stocks a wide variety of kits and individual stems. It is probably our best source of stems now.
Chuck did not invent the custom bent stem, that happened a long time ago when dual, pneumatic wheels came on the scene.
Truck tire shops were custom bending stems for decades before RVs became popular.
Chuck may have had the original idea to package and market them in sets.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
"Chuck may have had the original idea to package and market them in sets."

And I for one send belated thank you's for Chuck and his stems. He was there for me when I needed him the day after I took delivery!  ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!