Skip to main content
Topic: Shelf Protection (Read 117 times) previous topic - next topic
Shelf Protection

I was searching for something on Amazon when I stumbled upon an Under the Sink Mat which had an interesting description.  This product also had the highest customer reviews of any product I've ever seen on Amazon.  While we already have shelf paper under the kitchen sink and BR sink,  this product seemed like it was a superior solution to protecting the somewhat sensitive surfaces of those areas.

Here is a cut & paste of the description.

* Absorbent material and Waterproof backing — This mat can absorbs and contains liquids and wicks away moisture. and the waterproof layer can stop liquids from soaking through and prevents them from damaging or staining the surface below.also the backing is non-slip and durable.

*  Protects Cabinet and under the sink and drawers from leak and spills — The Under The Sink Mat traps and contains the mess. The mat is designed to protect your cabinets and drawers from leaks and spills.

* Easily clean — Machine washable or simply scrub with soap, hose off and hang dry. Do not bleach.

* Universal Fit — Easily cut to fit with scissors and material won’t fray. Combine multiple mats to fit any cabinet and drawers.

* Eco-Friendly — Made from over 100% recycled fibers.

Amazon.com: Under The Sink Mat, Kitchen Tray Drip, Premium Cabinet Liner-Abso...

So we ordered this mat and installed it under the kitchen & BR sinks and in the BR's 3 shelves next to the toilet.  The back of the mat is a solid layer of something like rubber.  The surface (top) is difficult for me to describe but it's like the material you might find in the trunk of newer cars.  The surface is not a sticky surface nor is it slick.  I think these mats are going to offer excellent protection to these areas from wear and tear, links, and spills.

This might be a good opportunity to remind the newer members of this LD Neighborhood that when we use the Amazon Affiliate link on the LDO Forum Home Page, we are assisting with the expenses of operating this Forum.

Hope this information is helpful.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Re: Shelf Protection
Reply #1
Sounds and looks like the rubber-backed runner carpet I got to line closet bottom and shower pan / cat room. This is available by the foot at Home Depot...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit