Skip to main content
Topic: Look Ma No Bed (Read 274 times) previous topic - next topic
Look Ma No Bed
For those RB LD owners interested, access to the fresh water tank sensors does not require the removal of the drivers side couch.

After contacting Todd & Vince about my tank monitor prior to the MBGT and Todd still having difficulty in obtaining the Monitor Panel Circuit Board, I contacted JRV Products.

JRV Products is located in Santa Ana, Ca and are very receptive to individual needs. While I agree with Todd & Vince’s evaluation of my problem in obtaining accurate/consistent fresh water readings, JRV felt it was more likely a tank harness error. It was recommended that I check the harness. This required a bit of sleuthing.

After removing the aforementioned couch and wooden structure above the tank, I found that access to the wire harness was more easily achieved by removing one panel underneath the forward dinette cushion.

Nestled forward of the battery box, the harness is easily viewed yet a bit of a tight fit for my lumbering hands. It was JRV’s contention that a small connection or isolator (can’t recall what it was called) may be the cause of my trouble. It’s a $10 part. I ordered it. I also ordered the circuit board that Todd & Vince recommended. A $79.00 part.

When I pick up the parts next week, I’ll install the circuit board first (much easier than the wire harness) and go from there.

Here are some pics of the tank and sensor array.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: Look Ma No Bed
Reply #1
Nice tip!!
2000 RB

Reply #2
Much appreciated, to help the next person get to things easier.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #3
Kent

If the new parts do not work, and since you now know how to access the water tank, it might be good time to install a SeeLevel tank monitor.
Seeing the tank levels in percentages instead of guessing what the LEDs indicates can save you from some interesting experiences. 

Garnet 709 SeeLevel II Tank Monitoring System

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Thanks Larry,

I thought about installing the SeeLevel now that I’ve located the OEM sensor location. I do want the panel to function properly so I’ll do this first. At $80, it seems a practical solution.

Hopefully I can accomplish the panel circuit board replacement before we head to Zion in the middle of the month.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"