Skip to main content
Topic: Vent cap (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic
Vent cap
What do you guys suspect the previous owner was trying to accomplish on the frig vent cap? I found in the records where the refrigerator was replaced about 4 years ago, I wonder if he had draft issues?

Jon....
1994 MB

Re: Vent cap
Reply #1
What do you guys suspect the previous owner was trying to accomplish on the frig vent cap? I found in the records where the refrigerator was replaced about 4 years ago, I wonder if he had draft issues?

It might have been an attempt to keep the refrigerator running, while driving, I have never seen this done before and doubt if it was necessary. I would remove the addition and run it the way Dometic designed it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
I bet there are vent fans under that panel. Just a guess.
Harry 2006RB

Reply #3
I bet there are vent fans under that panel. Just a guess.

Even with fans. I see no purpose in this modification, it's designed to reduce air flow in an application that needs strong air flow.. Who know what type of brainstorm the PO had?
I would assume Dometic spent a few hours testing the roof vent design and would have come with a general purpose vent that works in most situations.  The vent cover shown is the same that comes with every LD, minus the mod.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
My thoughts exactly, mods are coming off.
1994 MB