Skip to main content
Topic: Water pump strainer seal  (Read 80 times) previous topic - next topic
Water pump strainer seal
So here  I am de-winterizing 'Baxter'.   Since I'm a broader line expert.  (Expert meaning one who has made all the mistakes).   I look under the sink to make sure water pump fittings are all connected.   I pull out the bottom drawer and leave it out till spring for just this check.  I go outside to make sure the fresh water tank handle is turned from open to closed.   Then I proceed to fill the fresh water tanks so I can proceed to the next step in the dewinter process.   After about oh three minutes of fresh water going into the tank I hear the beeping of the water alarm next to the water pump.   If I wasn't a fan of this little gadget before and  I am now a super fan.   So I grab my flashlight and low and behold water is all over the floor inside the water pump area.  

Well to make a long story short -- during the winterizing process when I put the strainer back I misaligned the rubber seal.    I have added a new step in the checklist of winterizing and de-winterizing ie check to make sure strainer seal is in proper alignment.    I also plan to buy a few as backup. 
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King