Skip to main content
Topic: New Batteries? (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic
New Batteries?
Hey Folks,
Still running original Trojan 105s on our MB 2008. I have used pro fill system over the years and the batteries have held up. I have noticed that the generator is starting to struggle a little on startup. 11 years tells me that I need to plan for new batteries sooner rather than later.  Can anyone talk me into buying batteries other than Trojans? I’m open to any suggestion. We do not have solar.  Thanks, Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Re: New Batteries?
Reply #1
Hey Folks,
Still running original Trojan 105s on our MB 2008.  Can anyone talk me into buying batteries other than Trojans? I’m open to any suggestion. We do not have solar. 

Seems like you have got your money's worth out of a set a T-105s. Eleven years isn't too bad.
In the industrial world, Trojan is the standard.
There are cheaper batteries available, if initial price is a consideration .

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Thanks, Larry.  I have always liked the idea of a sealed battery, but the pro fill does help.
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #3
Thanks, Larry.  I have always liked the idea of a sealed battery, but the pro fill does help.

A Pro-Fill battery watering system makes watering the batteries a painless, 5 minute procedure .
Pro-Fill - Flow-Rite Controls

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Note that a battery monitor will help diagnose failing batteries and other problems BEFORE they leave you stranded. Well worth the investment.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit