Skip to main content
Topic: SoCal RV Storage Locations (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic
SoCal RV Storage Locations
We’ll be taking delivery of our 27 MB in April. After shaking out any issues, we’ll tour the Southern and Central Coast of California, partly for fun and partly to scout communities for our retirement home (Winters here in Wyoming are getting harder as we age).

Having searched the forum and internet, I’ve come up with a few indoor options (Exclusive RV in Pomona, PowerSports RV in Corona, StorHouse in Oxnard).

I’d appreciate referrals to good storage facilities, ideally in or near Ventura county and ideally indoor. We’ve also thought about including RV parking as a requirement in our eventual home search. Any thoughts there would be appreciated as well.

Warren
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Re: SoCal RV Storage Locations
Reply #1
Warren, congrats on your new LD and upcoming move!  Just a note about retirement communities in California, especially near the coast; be prepared to spend some big bucks! For example,  San Luis Obispo County was just named one of the most expensive housing areas in the country:

SLO County CA is fifth least affordable housing market in US | San Luis...

I’m thinking finding your eventual home first might be the way to go before searching for RV storage but perhaps you have other reasoning for finding the storage first? Anyway, congrats and good luck!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
"We've also thought about including RV parking as a requirement in our eventual home search. Any thoughts there would be appreciated as well. "

That is a very profound idea! Many municipalities in California have ordinances prohibiting the parking of RVs on a residence lot. My town is one of them. As you narrow your search inquire about those kinds of restrictions.

Fortunately I am able to keep my LD in my side yard, behind the furthermost extension of the house and behind an 8' high chain-link fence. I had a parking pad poured and have electric and water accessible.  ::) 
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Visible RV'S parked in our area are forbidden. For that reason, I selected our house partly based on the room to cut a drive way into the back yard and then  promptly cut the driveway, poured a pad, and built a big fence. Southern California isn't  very RV friendly.
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #4
Some areas in N. Calif are more RV friendly, unlike the community in which I live.
That said,  I am able to keep the LD in the side yard behind a fence in a space blessed by the local HOA (after some trials and tribulations).   There are places, so if you are looking to settle, verify it is  workable in a property you choose.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #5
We’ll be taking delivery of our 27 MB in April. After shaking out any issues, we’ll tour the Southern and Central Coast of California, partly for fun and partly to scout communities for our retirement home (Winters here in Wyoming are getting harder as we age).

Having searched the forum and internet, I’ve come up with a few indoor options (Exclusive RV in Pomona, PowerSports RV in Corona, StorHouse in Oxnard).

I’d appreciate referrals to good storage facilities, ideally in or near Ventura county and ideally indoor. We’ve also thought about including RV parking as a requirement in our eventual home search. Any thoughts there would be appreciated as well.

Warren
Hello. I live in Calabasas. Also on the hunt for good storage. I found this location close to us. It is a very nice indoor location. The folks were friendly. But as with all things California it is $$$. Quoted price for the 24'TK was $400/mo. Reduce by $15 if you don't want electric. They need a two hr. callout to move your rig.

ValleyIndoorRvStorage.com - Valley Indoor rv storage outdoor storage in...
-RdP->
On list for 2019 Lazy Daze

Reply #6
We have kept our stored indoors since we took delivery in June of 2013........currently we have it at Corona Power Sports......feel free to email me directly for any additional insights/opinions.........we use to have it at Premier Storage but they went through some changes and it wasn't to our liking...very happy with Power

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....