Skip to main content
Topic: Request Your Help to Identify Where this Part came from???. (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic
Request Your Help to Identify Where this Part came from???.
Asking for assistance in identifying where this piece came from. I found it  in the kitchen area of my 99 26 IB and cannot figure out where it came from.   Small wooden block pictured below with arc shape on one side - long screw with wing nut  Appreciate  any help you can give.  I believe it did come from the RV structure.. but no idea where.
Shift Colors - Underway
1999 26.5 IB

Re: Request Your Help to Identify Where this Part came from???.
Reply #1
It has quite obviously been attached to a rather thin paneling as evidenced by the staples under which can be seen the remnants of that paneling. The bolt and wing nut make me think that it was intended to be adjusted, such as for a wedge to hold something else in place. I doubt if it was part of the original RV structure.  ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: Request Your Help to Identify Where this Part came from???.
Reply #2
I have never seen one,  looks like it was made to wedge something in position, maybe the microwave or dash radio?
If nothing is falling out or apart,  wouldn't worry about it, it may be a left over from the previous owner. It has a home made look.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze