Skip to main content
Topic: Driver Seat Legroom (Read 390 times) previous topic - next topic
Driver Seat Legroom
We have a 2014 27’ Mid-Bath.  I’m about 6’3” and feel a bit crammed into the driver’s seat.  I have been thinking through this challenge and the only potential fix I can think of is to cut an opening in the bulkhead between the driver seat and the fridge.   I think this could allow a couple extra inches which would make a huge difference.

Have any of you done this?  Any problems or tips I should hear?  And any pictures at all would be greatly appreciated.  I love this RV and don’t want to do something dumb or hurt it in any way....but I’m thinking a nicely trimmed opening may be the way to go here.

Thanks!!
Still pretty new to RV lifestyle & Lazy Daze
2014 27’ MB
Two beautiful Weimaraners, Junie & Pearl (now our angel dogs)

Re: Driver Seat Legroom
Reply #1
We have a 2014 27’ Mid-Bath.  I’m about 6’3” and feel a bit crammed into the driver’s seat.  I have been thinking through this challenge and the only potential fix I can think of is to cut an opening in the bulkhead between the driver seat and the fridge.  I think this could allow a couple extra inches which would make a huge difference.

Have any of you done this?  Any problems or tips I should hear?  And any pictures at all would be greatly appreciated.  I love this RV and don’t want to do something dumb or hurt it in any way....but I’m thinking a nicely trimmed opening may be the way to go here.

Thanks!!
Asked and answered in this recent thread: Driver’s leg room

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Has anyone done this on the passenger side?  It has bench seat behind it in mid bath.
Susie
2007 MB

Reply #3
Has anyone done this on the passenger side?  It has bench seat behind it in mid bath.

The bench seat behind the passenger has a heavy metal bracket underneath the top trim piece.   I'd think that would make any backrest modifications very difficult and could certainly compromise the integrity of the backrest.  In addition, there's not any extra space between the backrest cushion and the panel behind the cushion.  Hope this helps.

Reply #4
Thanks, Ed. I didn't know about the metal bracket.
Susie
2007 MB