Skip to main content
Topic: LED marker lights for pre-2007 LD (Read 137 times) previous topic - next topic
LED marker lights for pre-2007 LD
So a friend helped me design new replacement disk LED lights for the inside of the white base Peterson marker light housings. I haven't installed any of these yet. They will be coated with a white UV resistant conformal layer for moisture proofing. Only the LED's and solder connection pads will show.  It doesn't care about polarity, and is constant current from about 8 to over 20 volts DC. I still need to torture it for awhile to make sure it can take high and low temperatures, and the hostile environment on the motorhome. There are three LED's in each white block, linear control of each block, so they are mostly independent of each other. The two connectors on each side allow 'daisy chaining' them as they are presently installed. The last light on the row would only have one white and one black wire attached. That notch at the bottom is to clear the liberal blob of white latex that Lazy Daze used to seal off the wires, coming through the hole, in the front (rear) cap.
    After Alice's travails on getting her marker lights to work,  picture here:
   Installing LED marker lights from LD]

I wanted to have something better than that available. Just remove the guts, i.e bulb socket and crimp, leaving just the black and white wires, either a pair of black and a pair of white or just one white and one black.    RonB

RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB