Skip to main content
Topic: New member hello (Read 216 times) previous topic - next topic
New member hello
Hello everybody, just joined the forum and have been reading up on various issues posted.
We are going to look at a 1995 mid bath 26 foot Lazy Daze that’s for sale by owner in a few days, and I’m wondering a little about the engine and what we should be focusing on in terms of leaks, etc.
It is for sale by the second owner, he has had it for 5 years, the pictures look good, he has had work done on the exhaust and some other relatively minor engine issues (starter and alternator), and he replaced the flooring with laminate.
The engine has 119k on it, and  it is the Ford 350 8 cylinder model.
He is asking just under $19k.
Are there any particular areas we should be focusing on in a camper this age?
Thanks again for such a great forum!

Re: New member hello
Reply #1
This one?

1995 Lazy Daze 26.5 MID-BATH, BEAUFORT SC - - RVtrader.com

If so, my comments are:

The price is very high; even if this rig is in very good shape with no leaks, and few repairs or upgrades needed to be roadworthy, it's a 24-year-old rig with 119k miles. IMO, a more reasonable asking price would top out at $13k, and only if it checks out really "clean" and leak-free.

The gvwr on a 1995 26.5' is only 11500 pounds; this is 3000-3500 pounds less that newer models.(depending on how much "newer")

The engine is a 460; the mechanics familiar with the plus and minus points of this engine will comment, I'm pretty sure.

I just checked the RV Trader link; the listing has been removed. (?)

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Hello everybody, just joined the forum and have been reading up on various issues posted.

Welcome to the Neighborhood and we're looking forward to hearing about your developing Lazy Daze adventures.  Best of luck in your search for your LD and please keep us posted of your progress.

Reply #3
This one?

1995 Lazy Daze 26.5 MID-BATH, BEAUFORT SC - - RVtrader.com

I just checked the RV Trader link; the listing has been removed. (?)

The link is working again at 1995 Lazy Daze 26.5 MID-BATH, BEAUFORT SC - - RVtrader.com .   The page is just slow to render.

And for the Original Poster ... I hope you've had a chance to look at this page in this Forum.

Used Lazy Daze Prices (2018 Version)

It provides some pricing guidance which according to one recent Member of this Forum, appears to match up with some other on-line RV price charts.  Hope this helps.

Reply #4
We are going to look at a 1995 mid bath 26 foot Lazy Daze that’s for sale by owner in a few days, and I’m wondering a little about the engine and what we should be focusing on in terms of leaks, etc.
It is for sale by the second owner, he has had it for 5 years, the pictures look good, he has had work done on the exhaust and some other relatively minor engine issues (starter and alternator), and he replaced the flooring with laminate.
The engine has 119k on it, and  it is the Ford 350 8 cylinder model.
He is asking just under $19k.
Are there any particular areas we should be focusing on in a camper this age?
Thanks again for such a great forum!

If you don't have a professional mechanic check out this used LD, then I would recommend you take the owner's manual, go to the index and check/view/touch/turn on or off, etc., every item listed in the manual, regardless how unimportant it may seem. And don't forget to get on the roof and look carefully.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #5
Welcome...Welcome

I was very blest that a Forum member who lived near my rig's previous home in SoCal answered a request for someone to put eyeballs on the rig & give an assessment as to whether it was even worth a trip from Missouri to look further; once I got out there the previous owner took us (the rig & me) to the nearby Mothership & Vince looked her over for anything I should do before getting so far from the factory (all he recommended was replacement of the original 8 y/o shower dome that had lived out in the SoCal sun with the new style, which I had done). 

Perhaps a request if there's anyone in your area who might be available to A) accompany you as extra eyeballs, or B) recommend a mechanic and RV inspector in the area to give a going-over.

Good luck with your hunt & keep us apprised of your journey.  The wait for the right one is worth it!

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #6
Thank you for all your responses! 
It is the SC listing, and the price did seem high relative to the age and mileage.
After I posted, I poked around a little more on this site and found a price list for used LD’s as well as a list of things to look at when evaluating a purchase.  I meant to edit my post to reflect my discovery but got distracted as the afternoon wore on.
Looks like I need to do a little more research and exercise patience in our search.