Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Daze Construction Photos (Read 3933 times) previous topic - next topic
Lazy Daze Construction Photos
Every once in a while, someone will ask the Forum for pictures of a LD's construction.  The following construction photos are from the Media section of the Lazy Daze Owners' Forum posted by other members of the Forum.  I thought these photos might help someone since it's a bit time consuming to plow through all the media photos looking for these.  We are grateful to those who originally posted these in the Forum.  Thank you.

Re: Lazy Daze Construction Photos
Reply #2
I thought I had!  I'll try again. 2017  RB
2017 RB

Reply #3
Our ‘15 TK under construction.

Enjoy

No more Lazy Daze. Now dragging an egg camper around.

Ed

Just noticed there are a few duplicates. Ignore.

Reply #4
Interesting that though 'Styrofoam' replaced the previous fiberglass insulation, they still use something similar to the latter to fill some area. However, the foam was used in the floor insulation for a long time. When I had to rebuild part of the floor in our '83, it was used back then.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #5
Two more photos. The one on the left shows Ed Newton and Bob Getts on 9/05.
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
Our ‘15 TK under construction

So interesting how LDs are built from the inside out, I love photos like this, they can of much use to those repairing an old LD or adding enhancements.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
"So interesting how LDs are built from the inside out,..."

::)  Hmmm, I thought all RVs were built that way! At least my Holiday Rambler was.  ;)

Yes, most are but having a lot more experience with building construction, it feels backwards even if is the most logical way to do it.
With LD using template to build the walls, the cabinetry and wall structure all line up and are screwed and glued together forming near monolithic structure.

FYI, many RV manufactures build the walls and then hang the cabinets, using a few screws to secure them.
My parents owned an early 90's Class C  Winnie and one day, driving down a smooth road, one of the big overheads cabinets fell off.
It had been screwed in from the interior using four short wood screws. While helping to repair the cabinet, I discovered the overhead nose was rotted, the result of a leaking front window. Another fun-filled repair job.
I cheered the day they sold it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
Because this thread is labeled "Construction Photos" it brought back for me a glimpse of the past. On the old Yahoo site we had a page dedicated to the 30'IB and there were many photos of a "30", including as I recall some 'in process' construction photos. I know that Chris Horst will remember that and perhaps it can be resurrected and brought back into view.   8)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #10
More photos from the Yahoo archives. Build of a 2013 31' TB.

Reply #11
2013 31' TB continued:

Reply #12
2013 31' TB continued:

Reply #13
Because this thread is labeled "Construction Photos" it brought back for me a glimpse of the past. On the old Yahoo site we had a page dedicated to the 30'IB and there were many photos of a "30", including as I recall some 'in process' construction photos. I know that Chris Horst will remember that and perhaps it can be resurrected and brought back into view.  8)
I couldn't find that page but did find the photos of the 2013 TB that I just posted. I am looking through the Yahoo photo archives to see if there are more construction photos to be added to this thread.

Chris

Reply #14
Thanks for the photos, Chris! Quite the process, isn’t it?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #15
2013 31' TB continued:

Not that it really matters...but that's our 2013 31' TB.......Todd was great and walked me through while I shot away on my camera.....we live relatively close to the factory so we were able to visit while the rig was being built....brought back great memories
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #16
"I am looking through the Yahoo photo archives..."

Thanks for those photos,, Chris.

The file that I was thinking of had a name something like: Life_With_a_30'_LazyDaze_XXX.
Sorry that my brain cells are slowly migrating elsewhere! It must have been a pre-2004 vintage because it was already on the Yahoo site when I was researching my 2004, in fact, was a contributing factor in my final decision.  ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #17
2006 MB construction photos: Sorry they won't enlarge much.

Reply #18
With LD using template to build the walls, the cabinetry and wall structure all line up and are screwed and glued together forming near monolithic structure.

I'm always a little leery of monolithic structures . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWs3c3YNs4
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #19
Maybe so, Gregg.  But not enough to keep you off the waiting list, eh?

Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #20
Regarding the photos above of our 2013 31' TB

You'll see a few areas where we added additional electrical outlets (see side of one bed for example)

For those interested in the Cherry wood selection, the photos do a pretty good job of showing the true "feel" of it

In 2013, the area back where the beds are and the dinette/couch up front was carpeted after these were taken.

We purposely did NOT have the mirrors installed on the two closet doors in the bedroom area

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #21
Speaking of electrical outlets, is there somewhere on this site, or does anyone has a list of where the standard locations of 110v and 12v outlets are, specifically in the MB?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #22
Speaking of electrical outlets, is there somewhere on this site, or does anyone has a list of where the standard locations of 110v and 12v outlets are, specifically in the MB?

Great question!

If you're like us, make sure you have 110v and 12v next to your sleeping area.  We like to have the smartphones next to us at night.
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #23
Great question!

If you're like us, make sure you have 110v and 12v next to your sleeping area.  We like to have the smartphones next to us at night.

Bill, for sure! My understanding is that, while extra outlets are not on the option list, they are available (for a cost) if you ask.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #24
Bill, for sure! My understanding is that, while extra outlets are not on the option list, they are available (for a cost) if you ask.

Greg - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the "non-listed" things you can have done....just can't go crazy with the requests
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....