Skip to main content
Topic: New and recently new rig owners in California (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic
New and recently new rig owners in California
I'm curious as to what your annual registration renewal cost is.
Thanks.
2021 Mid Bath

Re: New and recently new rig owners in California
Reply #2
Just got my renewal today for our ‘06-chassis-‘07-build TK:  registration fee $136; license fee $68;  county/district (Los Angeles) fees $11;  total $215.  Not bad. My 10 year old Vespa is $128 and my 6 year old Prius V is $215 as well. — Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #3
Interesting, Jon. I don't have the breakdown of registration, license, local taxes and fees (and I only keep three years' registration slips for comparisons), but the total fees for my 2003 have increased every year. Registration for 2017 was $150, for 2018, it was $161, and for 2019, it was $214! I suspect that the big jump was in local add-on tax increases and smog abatement and unicorn feeding (or some such). I just pony up (online), get the little sticker, and go down the road.

The only times I've had to go to a DMV office was to renew my driver's license (twice) for the "after 70" renewal. That was an adventure best left untold.  :o
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Mine's a bit newer so is it's a bit bigger bite.
$678 good until 5/2/19.

After my wife died last year, I had to re-plate the rig and one car because they had disabled plates. 
That went smoothly -  at the CSAA office. 
Taking her name off two vehicles needed multiple personal appearances at DMV.  The first one was for forms.  The second one for forms to correct the incorrect ones provided in visit 1.   The third time was to complete the process,  of which they only changed one.  At least they did not screw up my voter registration.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #5
$235.85 for '16 MB in Idaho.     Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato