Skip to main content
Topic: I Love My Lazy Daze (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic
I Love My Lazy Daze
Hello LD Group, Left Oregon two days ahead of snow,(Nov 15) whew! I love my rig. It is an absolute joy to drive and its got so much power. Lazy Bones and others gave me good tips on the tow-haul and I have gotten so much more confidence. I have, okay My Rig has been admired and questioned almost everywhere I stop. I have yet to see another LD but as I keep going South maybe some will appear. The people I have met are fun, interesting and really nice. Except for some folks with dogs that did not have good manners. I wish I had been able to start this adventure earlier. Thank you to all who helped me prepare. Your insight has been invaluable.
If anyone knows about a correct reading on a HPV-22 with two pannels connected to shore please share, Mine is reading 14.57 which is higher than normal by a point. Also posted in Technical.
Thanks, now that I have com Im going to catch up with you alls doings, Sharon
2005 RK

Re: I Love My Lazy Daze
Reply #1
Hi Sharon. It's important to remember that the voltage showing on the HPV-22 is the battery voltage. That voltage can easily be affected by your converter, engine alternator, and the panels. 14.57 vdc. is not that high, but a little higher than normal. I would expect that to be about 13.7 vdc. while charging in good sunlight, and not plugged in. The converter could be responsible for the higher voltage, and if it bothers you, just switch off the circuit breaker in the power distribution panel that provides power to the converter. Remember to turn it back on when your battery voltage starts to drop.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB