Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Daze Pocket Guide (Read 642 times) previous topic - next topic
Lazy Daze Pocket Guide
The Pocket Guide is up and running on the home page. Steve is still tweaking it a bit, but for now it's accessible. When I find out how it can be updated, I will probably ask for some help in bringing the pocket guide current.

Lazy Daze Pocket Guide

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Lazy Daze Pocket Guide
Reply #1
Thank you Chris. I am not a very active member here, but will be actively looking for a 23.5 TK in the next few months, and am still boning up on the necessary info. This is very useful information. In fact, if the right LD came up today, I'd be ready to jump on it. Looking for the sweet spot between price, age, mileage, and condition - especially with a sought-after model like the 23.5 TK seems to be a fairly demanding task!
Expecting/hoping to begin living in an LD in the next year or two.

Reply #2
Rugster, if you haven't already discovered it, you may also want to consult the spreadsheet attached below for pricing info.  It's only just a guide to be used as a starting point for negotiations.  Good luck in your search!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
The plan for the LD Pocket Guide is for Steve to create a format that I can keep updated and will work on the LDOF platform. In the meantime, I am looking for volunteers to provide updates for years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. The person agreeing to provide the particular year's update would put together a list of the spec information for his/her year in a format similar to that of the current Pocket Guide (PG) and send it to me. The 2015 factory specifications page is listed in the current PG. The other missing years' specs are not.

I would assume that the volunteer would probably be an owner of the missing year's Lazy Daze and also would probably have that year's spec sheet also. If not, I'm sure some member would have a spec sheet to share. Nothing major has changed over the last handful of years; however, we want to try to capture all the upgrades and changes regardless how minor they are.

Chris

Reply #4

Chris
[/quote]
The plan for the LD Pocket Guide is for Steve to create a format that I can keep updated and will work on the LDOF platform. In the meantime, I am looking for volunteers to provide updates for years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. The person agreeing to provide the particular year's update would put together a list of the spec information for his/her year in a format similar to that of the current Pocket Guide (PG) and send it to me. The 2015 factory specifications page is listed in the current PG. The other missing years' specs are not.

I would assume that the volunteer would probably be an owner of the missing year's Lazy Daze and also would probably have that year's spec sheet also. If not, I'm sure some member would have a spec sheet to share. Nothing major has changed over the last handful of years; however, we want to try to capture all the upgrades and changes regardless how minor they are.

Chris
Sad to report that my in box was underwhelmed by responses for this little project. I will post this once again to see if anyone can help.

Chris

Reply #5
Let's this project going.
The differences I know of are listed below.
If there are changes not listed or if there are errors, please post the corrections.
Many of the cosmetic changes do not show in the spec sheets, owner of these yea LDs, feel free to let us know.

No known changes

The 6R140 6-speed transmission is introduced.
The GCWR is increased from 20,000-lbs to 22,000-lbs
The 24" LED TV is upsized to 28"

The 55-amp converter is upsized to 75-amp
Linoleum floors throughout the living area.   Not sure if this occurred in 2016 or 2017

No known changes

New stainless steel dual kitchen sink
75-amp converter downsized to 55-amp

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
They downsized the converter? Is the new one better, smarter, LiFePO4-compatible...?
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #7
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Folks, this is a Very Important Project. The Changes page in particular is an extremely valuable resource for anyone buying a used Lazy Daze. PLEASE chip in with whatever information you have, so that the sysops can bring this listing up to date. Future generations of LDers will bless you!
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #8
They downsized the converter? Is the new one better, smarter, LiFePO4-compatible...?

Don't know, just spotted it on the 2019 spec sheet, somehow, I doubt it.

Larry
Larry

Reply #9
The converter was downsized because a few people complained about the fan always running while plugged in (or genset running).  The 75 amp cost more, and with more modern LED lighting, not as necessary. I would guess that the 55 Amp version is back to a temperature switched fan. Fan in converter surging on and off
   I really can't add anything about newer coaches until my '99 wears out enough to buy a newer one.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #10
We have a mid year 2018, I think one of the first with a Stainless steel sink, we love it! 
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #11
I did have some alterations for items in the guide:
  1)  Attributed to 2003 All models "* wall-to-wall carpet removed from bath area" My 1999 TK has a sheet vinyl floor in the bathroom; I'm the original owner, and I didn't order that as an 'option'. Two friends with 2001 MidBaths also have OEM sheet vinyl floors in their bathrooms.  I can't speak for 1998 models.
  2)  Attributed to 2002 All models  "* White textured wall and ceiling covering replaces smooth patterned covering":
        My 1999 TK has the white textured wall and ceiling covering. It is a pain to clean well. I only have smooth wallpaper in the bathroom on the walls and behind the sink in the kitchen. Most of that is window area. That smooth wall paper carries over from the kitchen to the bulkhead, kitchen side, against the shower wall. The entire ceiling is the textured white vinyl, including the back wall (mostly window) and the walls of the closet, (and inside the closet) and the 'pony' wall against the oven. That includes those friends 2001 MB's.    RonB

Reply #12
Black tank capacity of the *TK* was incorrectly listed on the spec sheets as 24 gallons until the 2005 models; at this time, the spec sheet was corrected to show 18 gallons as the actual capacity.

The black tank capacity of the TK increased to 28 gallons in the 2010 and subsequent model years.

Soon after taking delivery of my 2003, I discovered that the actual capacity of the black tank was 6 gallons less than listed. Lazy Daze was aware of the error on the spec sheets; when I explained that most of my RV use was dry/boondocking for a week or more without hookups (sometimes with two in the rig) and expressed my annoyance at the error, questioning why this figure had not been corrected on the spec sheet, the evasive "answer" was that it wasn't really a big deal because one could just go dump.  ::)  LD dropped the ball on that one.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #13
Chris
Sad to report that my in box was underwhelmed by responses for this little project. I will post this once again to see if anyone can help.

Chris
Thanks, folks, for your updates. I'll be talking with Steve about adding the missing years.

Chris

Reply #14
2004 - All models ?, first year with tachometer. As far as I'm aware!   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #15
"2004 - All models ?, first year with tachometer"
----
Yes; my 2003 is "tach-less"!  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #16
You Joan, have enough tact for both you and your RV!  Lol...……………..

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #17
I must confess that I am one of those "complainers" about the 75 amp converter with the constant on fan in my 2016 MB.  This is a rare "modern mistake" by the LD R&D person or people.  I have to use the breaker to turn it off at night - not always a desirable  thing to do.  If I have to leave it on I use earplugs.  Yes, I will change it out eventually.  You can thank me for my complaining - or not.    Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Reply #18
I must confess that I am one of those "complainers" about the 75 amp converter with the constant on fan in my 2016 MB.  This is a rare "modern mistake" by the LD R&D person or people.  I have to use the breaker to turn it off at night - not always a desirable  thing to do.  If I have to leave it on I use earplugs.  Yes, I will change it out eventually.  You can thank me for my complaining - or not.    Frank

You are not alone, just about anyone who owns a model with the 75-amp converter, who can still hear, complains about the constant fan noise. 
LD probably went back to the quieter 55-amp converter because of the noise issue.
There are quieter big converters available for those who want one. Guess LD didn't want spend the extra bucks.

Larry
Larry

Reply #19
I have a 2018 (August) and it has the quieter (down-graded) converter, and the stainless sink.
Laurie - 2018 RB

Reply #20
Hi Frank, sorry if I sounded like I was picking on you. I haven't heard one of these newer 75 amp converters, and hope that I never will. I suspect that the designer of this converter doesn't own an RV, or that price was the overriding consideration. That said, there are very quiet fans in many sizes, one of which would work. some have magnetically levitated rotors, and electronic settable speeds to suit your noise tolerance. Some have thermostats that speed up when most needed, and shut off at lower temperatures. I suspect some of the noise may be caused not by the fan, but by the airflow and turbulence caused by crowded  air paths. Crammed a lot of 'stuff' in the smallest volume type of engineering. A simple on/off toggle switch, where you could reach it easily, would be easy to do, with a soft red LED to remind you it was off. I guess there is a remote chance that there was something wrong with your fan, or have you checked with others who have the same converter?  RonB

Reply #21
I have a 2018 (August) and it has the quieter (down-graded) converter, and the stainless sink.

Missed the SS sink on the 2018 specification sheet.
The sheet does show a 75-amp converter so the change to the 55-amp converter must have been a mid-year change.

Larry
Larry

Reply #22
Huzzahs to Steve Cook, our forum administrator, for reformatting the Lazy Daze Pocket Guide (slightly) and bringing it up to date based on recent information provided by some of you.

For the moment, Steve will continue to update the guide. If you see any incorrect data or have new information that should be added to the PG, please post it to Steve's attention so he can make appropriate changes.

Thanks again, Steve.  ;D

Lazy Daze Pocket Guide

Chris

Reply #23
Thanks, Steve Cook!

The 2016 model year had some nice upgrades. Is the increased GCWR the same on all length models?

The 6R140 6-speed transmission is introduced.
    The GCWR is increased from 20,000-lbs to 22,000-lbs
    The 24" LED TV is upsized to 28"

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #24
Thanks, Steve Cook!

The 2016 model year had some nice upgrades. Is the increased GCWR the same on all length models?

All 2016 LDs are built on the same E450 chassis, with variations in wheelbase length. All models have the same GVW and GCWR.
All LDs, of any particular year, have the same GVW and GCWR, starting with the 2003 model year.
Before 2003, the 23.5's were built on a E350 chassis.

Larry
Larry