Skip to main content
Topic: How does towing affect toad warranty? (Read 101 times) previous topic - next topic
How does towing affect toad warranty?
I've wondered this ever since setting up our toad. Honda says our Fit is towable and gives the procedure to follow when doing so. However, like all vehicles that can be hitched behind, the required hardware is aftermarket, and Honda makes no mention of how that conversion affects warranty or vehicle safety. In our case, the needed baseplate required removing, then replacing the actual steel front bumper, but of course the baseplate itself would affect the crush characteristics in an unknown fashion. However, some baseplates do NOT re-install the bumper, which should be a real concern. In addition, the toad braking system remains installed whether or not it is hitched.

Has anyone investigated this issue, or had it come up after any warranty or safety dealings with the vehicle manufacturer?

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: How does towing affect toad warranty?
Reply #1
In a similar vein, I’m wondering about tire warrantees on toweds. I have a wrangler towed that doesn’t accumulate mileage while being towed. Tread wear would indicate excessive wear for the mileage of the tire. I’m wondering if that would translate into the tires warrantee paying me a rebate on a new set? Just my devious mind at work.
Dale from Downey.
Dale from Downey 27’ 2012 RB,”Casa Verde”, 2000 Jeep Wrangler. Formerly1991 RB & 1990 Jeep Wrangler.