Skip to main content
Topic: jensen tvs not responding to remotes or keypads (Read 143 times) previous topic - next topic
jensen tvs not responding to remotes or keypads
Hello ,
Have 2013 31 ' LD with 24 & 32 " jensen tvs.  At times both do not respond to two different remotes with fresh batteries nor to the built in control buttons. Have to unplug to turn off.

Any ideas?

Michael
2013 31' IB

Re: jensen tvs not responding to remotes or keypads
Reply #1
Hi Michael: I'm sure that the Jensen TV's have infrared emitter remotes. Each remotes blinks an infrared LED, the one behind a seemingly opaque black piece of plastic. Your eyes can't detect it, and often a visible red LED is included to let you know that a button is pressed. The receiving phototransistor on the set is always 'listening' for it's remote. Unlike your house, the motorhome is often infiltrated with the greatest infrared source of all, sunlight. Even dim sunlight will overpower the remote transmitter, and it will seem to not work. Hold the remote up to the TV's receiver port, and shade both from outside light, and the remote should work fine. Certain time of day, in winter, my remote for one of my entertainment components , won't work unless I shield it from sunlight.  Newer remotes often use RF transmission, or even RF encoded by 'WiFi' to connect with their components.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
You can tell the difference...IR requires line of sight; RF doesn't (you can even block the RF with your hand and it'll still work)
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #3
Are they 12V models or 120VAC ones? If the latter, try plugging them directly to an AC outlet while on shorepower. There could be some issue with the inverter.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #4
Quick way to check the IR remote.  You can't see the IR, but your cellphone camera can.  Point the camera at the remote and press the button.  If it is working you'll see the light flash on.
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE