Skip to main content
Topic: Location of the water pump (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic
Location of the water pump
Good day!
This may sound trivial but, I have bought a 2003 Rear Kitchen 26.5 ft recently and did not receive the owner's manual...
Can you help me in locating the water pump please? I will need to change it before spring.

Thank you!
Frank in ID
2003 Rear Kitchen

Re: Location of the water pump
Reply #1
Does the pump work? If so, easiest way to locate is by sound, with a faucet turned on very low flow.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
"I will need to change it before spring."

Frank

Hello there up in Idaho... welcome to the group! You've come to the right place for honest suggestions and expert advice.

Why is it that you think you need to replace your water pump? What are the indications that would lead you to believe that?   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Steve,

It makes a wacky sound and I also would like to add the winterization conversion kit that could allow the bypass of the water heater...
It would help to see where it is housed...

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Frank
2003 Rear Kitchen

Reply #4
The Rear Kitchen is a rare model, one I have little experience with.
I would guess the water pump is under either the driver' side wardrobe or under the passenger side wardrobe/refrigerator.
You should be able to locate its location, as Steve suggested, by opening a faucet and then getting on your knees and listening to the pump, determining the general location.
The pump is normally screwed to the floor and accessing it requires removing a drawer or the bottom of the wardrobe.

The water heater, along with the furnace, is on the passenger side, under the wardrobe/refrigerator.

Let us know what you find, so we can give better answers in the future.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Hi Frank. The winterization plumbing to bypass the water heater is attached at the water heater. A better description than 'wacky' might be in order here. The normal sound is a thumping for the older Whisper King models. Thumps closer together for more water flow. If the tank is empty, the pump sound might be more of a whacking. Do you have water in the tank, and is there water flow from a faucet. The outside water filler is usually close to the tank, and the pump is usually pretty close to the tank also, so that might help you find it.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #6
Frgisler, I'm a newbie but I have a 2005 RK and according to the manual the PUMP LOCATION is Under the left wardrobe bottom drawer fastened to the floor.The PUMP ACCESS is by Removing the two bottom drawers. Hope that helps.
2005 RK

Reply #7
Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions. I will look under the wardrobe drawers as suggested.
Regarding the bypass for the water heater, I have located where do add it. I was interested in adding the kit to the water pump that would just pump the antifreeze liquid directly through it. Once I find it, I will post the result!
Have a great evening!
2003 Rear Kitchen