Skip to main content
Topic: RV wash. A different approach.  (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic
RV wash. A different approach.
So every spring and fall the kids at McLean High do car washes to earn money for their actives.  I got an invitation this year.  I asked the kids for their autograph.  I make a donation to their cause, a fairly large one because a good amount of work is done.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: RV wash. A different approach.
Reply #1
The invitation and kids autograph.  This sheet will stay in the LD.

Reply #2
Nicely done. So I wonder? Did you risk them hitting the roof top? Probably not, right?

Hey, you got the invitation. That’s what counts.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
No. The drill was everyone’s feet had to stay on the ground. The Orchestra is saving for trip. I told them they’re all too important to the music.  They could not risk anyone not making the trip.
I have some washing equipment that lets me reach the top. I brought those items along.

Reply #4
“I have some washing equipment that lets me reach the top.”

Pray tell, what is that equipment?  My feet also stay on the ground.

Thanks
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Reply #5

Go to this site.
Amazon.com: Aero Cosmetics Waterless RV Aircraft Boat Wash Wax Mop Kit with...

I got the kit and really like the product. The wax is not that much better when compared to other automotive wax’es. That is a statement of how good waxes are now, not that the wax is sub par. .  But the kit is stellar.  The pink stuff gets rid of the black marks that come from pollution and tree tannens. The pole is very strong - and very long.  I can easily do the overhead leading edge with both feet on the ground.  My wife at 5’2” also could do the overhead.   The wash- wax pads are very good and machine washable.  The price for the kit is comparable to lesser quality items while the overall value is very good.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #6
John,
thanks for the plug for Aero WashWaxAll.
I found the product shortly before we took delivery and have used it ever since.  I have a short stepladder to reach the top.  The only part I need do from the roof is the top of the leading edge of the cabover - can't quite reach it from the front.   I got some Costco microfiber towel and usually use 3 to do the rig under normal conditions.   When on the road for a while, I will wash the rig first.  In between, I just use the product to get the crud off.  I'm sold on it.
joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #7
It is the 4-9 foot extension mop that makes up most of the cost of the bundle. It is well made and bear weight even when fully extended.  It is not at all like the extension mops found in car stores.   It is a bit heavy but very well made.

Reply #8
I have this kit, too and love it. I'm 4'11" and it makes it possible for me to wash my 2003 MB without using a stepladder. Plus, I'm really pleased with the results of their products. They do their job well.
Fern Horst
Formerly owned:
1979 TK - "Dorie" (2007-2012)
2003 MB - "Absaroka" (2012-2019)

Reply #9
I use this product also.  But I have to get on the roof to clean off mold and leaves.  Part of the joy of living in Oregon.
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #11
It is ok though because I left the tv remote behind.