Skip to main content
Topic: RV Horror Stories (Read 290 times) previous topic - next topic
RV Horror Stories
It continues to be too hot to be outdoors here, so I am spending too much surfing. I joined a Facebook group named RV Horror Stories. We all know that SOB's, especially those made in Indiana, are prone to having problems that show up as soon as they are driven off the dealer's lot. Cracked frames, the roof pealing back on the drive home, etc.

The buyer's wait months for a fix, meanwhile the one-year warranty clock is ticking.

A typical "little" problem was a PEX water line that the builder attached with a screw through it. The dealer's fix was to use a larger screw with a dap of silicone.

How about the shower drain going into the storage compartments rather than the gray tank?

I don't recall hearing of a single issue with a Lazy Daze that was the factory's fault. Have you?
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: RV Horror Stories
Reply #1
We had a couple, but LD took care of them.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #2
It continues to be too hot to be outdoors here, so I am spending too much surfing. I joined a Facebook group named RV Horror Stories. We all know that SOB's, especially those made in Indiana, are prone to having problems that show up as soon as they are driven off the dealer's lot. Cracked frames, the roof pealing back on the drive home, etc.

The buyer's wait months for a fix, meanwhile the one-year warranty clock is ticking.

A typical "little" problem was a PEX water line that the builder attached with a screw through it. The dealer's fix was to use a larger screw with a dap of silicone.

How about the shower drain going into the storage compartments rather than the gray tank?

I don't recall hearing of a single issue with a Lazy Daze that was the factory's fault. Have you?

"It continues to be too hot to be outdoors here,"

Perhaps tropical storm Gordon will cool things down for you. I am hopeful that your LD's roof is well sealed in anticipation of some heavy rains. 

Chris

Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
Along with the heat, we have thunderstorms almost every afternoon. The rig is well sealed,  covered and up high on blocks.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #6
What a sad story.   It's truly a buyer beware world in the RV business.  
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King