Skip to main content
Topic: What Are Friends For Anyway? (Read 225 times) previous topic - next topic
What Are Friends For Anyway?
Over the years on LWALD/LDO, I have seen the guiding hands of friendship assist members in making it over a wide assortment of LD and RVing hurdles.

Where to camp, buy parts, connect appliances...the list goes on.

While at Serrano last week, my Back Up Camera Monitor freaked out and decided to go to the dark side. Maybe it was Lord Voldemort retaliating from beyond ‘cause I cheered on his demise in Harry Potter. For whatever reason, all I could see as I backed up was an x-ray view of my bikes and the deathly hallows beyond.

I called Vince about the problem and after a comical chat we decided that I should use my “Call A Friend Card” and shout out to Tiger for a little help. After all, What Are Friends For?

Yesterday Tiger invited me into his lovely home here in Long Beach. With my monitor in hand we went to his Beautiful New LD to test my monitor.

A few minutes later and it was determined that yes my monitor was possessed by Voldemort and it needed immediate exorcising. Well almost. 

So, thank you Tiger for being a friend. Thank you LDO et al for making these connections possible. And thank you Lazy Daze for bringing us all together. After all...

...What are friends for anyway?

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: What Are Friends For Anyway?
Reply #1
that pic is spooky...."I see dead people"....
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #2
Anytime Kent, FYI Kent loves “free” coffee and 🍪.....so be ready if he comes over lol

One of the best things I can think of is when an experienced LD’er visits a rookie, we can ask away

FYI I now know how to meet new folks at a campground or get together, just open the hood and wait, it won’t take long 😮🐯👀
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #3
>how to meet new folks at a campground or get together, just open the hood and wait, it won't take long<

Great Advice!!  I will keep that one in my bag of tricks.

Dottie and Ms Liz
2004 MB

Reply #4
Lord Voldemort has had his exorcise and the Deathly Hallows are no more.

I just received my replacement Voyager Backup Monitor from Amazon and all is well with our RB once again.

Nothing quite like plug-n-play then on your way.

Thanks once more to Vince and Tiger for helping me get this right the first time.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"