Skip to main content
Topic: Your thoughts on full time in 27MB, 31IB or 31TB (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic
Your thoughts on full time in 27MB, 31IB or 31TB
Hello everyone. As some of you already know I placed my name on the list exactly two months ago with an estimated delivery in eighteen months. My goal is to sell my home along with everything I own and go full time while towing my Jeep. Children are out on their own and after divorcing in 2010 and then ending a 5-6 year relationship I am on my own and most likely I will remain that way for an indefinite amount of time.

So, I am looking for your opinions regarding the ideal choice for my needs and four-climate full time travel. The 27MB initially seemed like the best all around choice although I have been really taking a hard look at both 31s. Yes, I agree that me full time in a 27MB would be perfectly fine. Then again I would not mind the extra bit of space in a 31 since this will be my home. Also, there is always the chance that I will meet someone who wants to join me on my journey although I would say that is a low probability.

Please feel free to share your real world experiences with me since my knowledge at this point is based mostly upon reading this forum, viewing pictures and looking at one 27MB in person. Here are some of my thoughts:

27MB pros - three back windows: This seems like such a beautiful feature I just can not ignore this. But I wonder just how much time I would spend back there sitting on the two couches. The other main benefit would be the slightly shorter wheelbase and ease of maneuverability compared to a 31 but I am not too overly concerned.

27MB cons - couches/bed conversion and kitchen: It seems like converting couches into a bed each night would be a waste of time and the sheet sizes would be non-standard and a pain to install. Then to break it all down each morning would take more time. And does the AC keep it cool back there or is it like a solar box? I am not terribly fond of the kitchen beginning right behind the driver seat.

27MB thoughts - For me it seems like most of my time inside would be spent working in the dinette area on my computer, sitting on a couch reading, or sleeping in the bed. The three windows in the rear sound great but how often will I find myself in a scenic area where I can back in and enjoy the grand view?

31TB pros - dinette and sofa area up front/three medium sized windows in back: I love the layout up front with the kitchen and bath area in the middle. It just seems like a great layout for where I will spend most of my waking hours. The windows in back are still significant in size although I wonder once again, just how much time will I spend back there when I am not sleeping?

31TB cons - two beds in rear with wardrobe at foot of bed: This layout provides the maximum sleeping area but it is split in two. If I am traveling with a female they will not be able to resist sleeping near me so two beds is kind of a deal breaker but then again I am single right now and not looking. The wardrobes being at the foot of each bed constrains the overall length also.

31TB thoughts - What I love the most is the dinette and sofa area up front with the kitchen and bath in the middle - just perfect in my opinion. The maximized sleeping area between two beds in the read looks great on paper but for me alone the one side would be wasted space. And if I had a female with me the two bed is a negative.

31IB pros - Queen bed in back/wardrobe suspended: What can I say other than this is the ultimate sleeping area compared to the 27MB and 31TB. It is a perfect size bed for myself or myself and another. I do not waste time every day creating a bed and installing sheets or deconstructing the area. The wardrobes are in each corner and not at the foot of the bed. There are still three windows in back although they are the smallest.

31IB cons - Barrel chairs/small windows in the rear: OK, maybe I am being picky but it seems like I would prefer the dinette up front versus the barrel chairs. I do not have any first hand experience but right now the barrel chairs are a significant detractor. The windows in the rear are the smallest also but once again - how much time would I actually spend back there looking out of them if only a bed were back there?

31IB thoughts - With the exception of the barrel chairs up front the 31IB seems like my best choice with a slight edge over the 27MB. I speculate that I will spend most of my time indoors up front working on the desk or relaxing on the couch reading a book. The bed is always made, the sheets are standard size, it's good for me flying solo and just as good with another.

I know this was a long message but feel free to pick apart areas where you have expertise to share. Since so many of you have many years of first hand experience I would really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Oh, one more detail - I am definitely planning to install six or maybe even more solar panels up top so either 31 would provide even more real estate for my plans. Thank you in advance!
Chet in Yorktown, Virginia

Re: Your thoughts on full time in 27MB, 31IB or 31TB
Reply #1
Come October it will be 10 years that we have been full timing in our 06 30' IB.

For the two of us, we would still prefer that model despite having to think about weight with everything we think about adding. I have weighed the rig a few times over the years and we are a couple of hundred pounds under or over.

We have the barrel chairs and are quite happy with them. We both appreciate the fact that they rotate. It makes it easier to face and interact with guests or to turn and look at someone in the rear of the LD. While the bench in a dinette would provide more seating we are happy with the chairs. Well, I would be happier if I could have a small recliner but we have never figured that out.

I'm not sure that any RV is truly 4 season and we've really learned that this summer. The highest temp we have experienced has been 112 degrees and it isn't fun. At that same time, we visited friends in a 38' Mobile Suites 5th wheel next door and they didn't seem to be doing much better than us. We have generally managed to avoid extremes in temperature in all this time until now.

Regarding bedding, queen size sheets are a bit large and full are too small. Not sure if they've changed the mattress size in later years though.

As for windows I love the package in the MB and RB in particular but the windows in a 30' provide a surprisingly expansive view. Friends with other floor plans have been surprised at how open it appears.

We love the windows in the LD and all theLDs in general. It's why we have had a difficult time when thinking of making a switch. In our view, if you are going to be parked for extended periods the most livable floor plans are 5th wheels although we just prefer motorhomes despite the extra engine and transmission to think about. We are always looking but never get close to changing.

Jim

Reply #2
"31IB pros - Queen bed in back/wardrobe suspended: What can I say other than this is the ultimate sleeping area compared to the 27MB and 31TB. It is a perfect size bed for myself or myself and another. I do not waste time every day creating a bed and installing sheets or deconstructing the area. The wardrobes are in each corner and not at the foot of the bed. There are still three windows in back although they are the smallest."

When we (my late wife & I) ordered our 30IB in 2004 old Ed Newton was heard to say: "You don't need that large a coach".

We bought it despite that comment and I (alone now) have enjoyed it very much for the very reasons you outline. I do not find it too big under any circumstance.

I also ordered the optional expandable dinette in lieu of the barrel chairs and once again have not been sorry. Although it can be configured to seat 5 the only time I've opened it up was for demonstration purposes, otherwise it remains as a two person (and quite comfortable) seating arrangement.  ;)  ;D

And, like you said, you'll not spend much time gazing out those rear windows. One year at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta I was late in arising and got the treat of laying on my back viewing the balloons sailing overhead, quite an experience.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3

And, like you said, you'll not spend much time gazing out those rear windows. One year at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta I was late in arising and got the treat of laying on my back viewing the balloons sailing overhead, quite an experience.

I'm not an early riser and the two times we went to the festival that is exactly what I did every morning.

Jim

Reply #4
Just a couple observations/ considerations:

In the 27MB, have you considered using the cabover section as your bed which would negate converting the sofas everyday? Also, unless you are very large, you can sleep on one of the sofas without too much preparation.

In the 31's, have you considered the limited payload capacities? I know there are people full-timing in the longer units but your cargo needs may vary from them.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
If you are ok with sleeping in the cabover (one person) the 27' could be a good choice.   This is what I do when I'm by myself.  This leaves adequate living space.   Another plus for me is that I have the twin beds in back should I want to go that route with more people on board.  Of course, you also have the option of the king bed should you need it.

So, being single, the 27' gives me good options for sleeping and I don't have to deal with the drawbacks of the 31'.     If I were married, I would likely take a closer look at the 31'.     Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Reply #6
We have had our midbath for the past 10 years and have loved it but now that the kids are grown we were thinking of getting a 30 foot island bed we love the layout of the midbath but making up the sofas does get old.
          Jody
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #7
Chet, I have owned both a 27MB as well as my current 30' TB.  I loved both configurations but for different reasons.  The first thing I will say is that there is no perfect layout for any RV.  It just depends on what your priorities are.  Regardless of LD model, you will learn to adapt and enjoy whatever you have.  For me, I really appreciated the entertainment center in my 30' along with the barrel chairs which allow me to stretch out more than any other seating arrangement in the other LD models.  I also really like the closed off area (if needed) between the front and back, especially when I have my kids aboard.  What I appreciate most, I think is not having to convert a sofa to a bed every night.  Being a big guy, trying to sleep in the overhead was a PIA in the MB.

What I miss from my old MB was the picturesque views from the large three windows in the back. Also, being shorter, the MB was easier to maneuver and more easily fit into state parks where I mostly try to camp.

I will say that, depending on how tall you are, the beds in the TB, especially on the passenger side may be too short for you.  If you are sleeping with a partner, you can always use the bed made from the forward sofa, which is very big.

So, yes there are pros and cons of each model and you need to decide what features are most important for you.

Mike S.
 '06 30' TB Anniversary Edition.

P.S. I think the cargo carrying capacity warnings of the 30' are overblown.  I can carry what I need just fine, but fulltiming may put extra "weight" on the factor.  :D
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition

Reply #8
Hmmm...maybe I need to at least take a look at the barrel chairs and table although I still have a natural preference for the dinette. Lazy Bones mentioned ordering the expandable dinette in lieu of the barrel chairs. This looks like a very easy change - does anyone know if this option is still available?

I have though about sleeping in the cab-over section but I imagine it sleeps a bit warmer up there and once again I am left fumbling with the sheets several times each day. I can see using the cab-over area for occasional use but for daily use I would prefer a bed on the main level.

I guess I have always been the type of person that analyzes the length of time combined with the frequency of an operation. Since I am planning to full time and I must sleep every day so the time spent setting up and tearing down a bed is very important to me. I guess the same will apply to leveling since I plan to be moving ever 2-3 days. I would rather park, push a button, and not worry about a thing. If I were staying somewhere for a week or traveling intermittently leveling blocks would be fine.

My goal is to minimize the small daily tasks and maximize my time reading, relaxing, hiking, taking pictures and enjoying great conversation with others. :)
Chet in Yorktown, Virginia

Reply #9
Hmmm...maybe I need to at least take a look at the barrel chairs and table although I still have a natural preference for the dinette. Lazy Bones mentioned ordering the expandable dinette in lieu of the barrel chairs. This looks like a very easy change - does anyone know if this option is still available?

I have though about sleeping in the cab-over section but I imagine it sleeps a bit warmer up there and once again I am left fumbling with the sheets several times each day. I can see using the cab-over area for occasional use but for daily use I would prefer a bed on the main level.

I guess I have always been the type of person that analyzes the length of time combined with the frequency of an operation. Since I am planning to full time and I must sleep every day so the time spent setting up and tearing down a bed is very important to me. I guess the same will apply to leveling since I plan to be moving ever 2-3 days. I would rather park, push a button, and not worry about a thing. If I were staying somewhere for a week or traveling intermittently leveling blocks would be fine.

My goal is to minimize the small daily tasks and maximize my time reading, relaxing, hiking, taking pictures and enjoying great conversation with others. :)
Chet, traveling in our 30' IB has been a pleasure for most of the reasons already mentioned. We have the pullout dinette and like it, especially if you plan on using it as a desk or mini-office. That said, I would get the barrel chairs next time because I miss having a comfortable chair to sit in and I find the couch uncomfortable for extended sitting. I would find a recliner that fit. There has to be one out there. As for the large window-viewing out the back, we often pull straight in in a scenic location and thus have windows all around to view the scenery. Since the lounge area and kitchen are where we spend most of the time, this works well - and you have more privacy from passersby. If you have hookups, you just run the cord under the LD. I also would get twin beds. We are used to a king at home and I find the IB queen confining even tho we replaced the orginal mattress with a Sleep Number mattress.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #11
A little off topic but if god forbid something happened MB I would strongly consider a 27 RearBath for just me.  I love the big area for the kitchen-dinning-sleeping.  When I am on long solo trips (the wife is still working) I find I spend a lot of time in the galley of the MB.  That is where I set up the computer for working on my photos.  Between photo editing, cooking and eating much of the "awake" indoor time is not in the back.  Now when we camp together or have friends over that back area is wonderful.  Especially if it is hot, rainy, or buggy.  The big windows make it seem like your outside.

Given the weight of my mid bath going down the road, I think I would be ok in the 31.  I looked at the mothership's OCCC for the 31 and the 07 numbers for my MB and a fully loaded trip weight.  I am just not a fan of the length with the toad as you go down the road.  I guess you get use to it.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #12
Hi, Chet--

I was so thankful to find exactly what I wanted.  As a single, the TB allows adequate bed space for guests; we were all comfortable when my elderly aunt & cousin traveled with me, & I anticipate the same should grandchildren become part of the equation.  The previous owners had gone to Costco for wonderful Tempurpedic mattresses which are perfectly suited to the modern, slightly larger dorm-size twin sheets (though a twin comforter is a bit oversized, since it's made to hang over the edge of a bed)--they put in about a six inch shelf on each side to accommodate the additional width, but there's still a quite adequate walkway.  The 4-Legged Alarm & I fit just fine in the passenger side, which is a bit shorter--and at 5' & shrinking, I've got waaay more length than I need.  They very gently removed the built-in table (it took some looking for me to spot their repair to the wall), covered the hump of the rear side-to-side pass through compartment with a small piece of carpet, & installed a removable custom table for miscellaneous stuff (clock/CPAP/book/etc.).  RE: bed space for a POSSLQ guest, you might ask about omission of the factory-installed between-beds table, you could then choose to change the configuration to a king at your convenience.

I'm not an early riser either, but I love those big rear windows at night, especially with the angle of the back wall to look up at the stars, but I also get a nice view from the window next to me.  I don't know what the original mattresses were like, but these lovely Tempurpedics come right up to the bottom edge of the window frame.  Besides the fact that the IB would be less comfortable should I have guests, I finally realized that the rear window is smaller because the wardrobes take up space where I have window (in order to allow for walking space around the bed), & though I never fill even one wardrobe, the TB wardrobes seem larger, which might make a difference if I were full-timing.  Another storage consideration:  the fresh tank is under the passenger TB with the water pump easily accessible through a panel under the mattress (I'm guessing it's centered under the IB). but that gives me a storage bay under the driver TB, which I'm guessing is walk space in the IB (this is accessible from either the outside rear pass through compartment door or from under the mattress; the spare tire is tucked in the back of of this compartment)

As some have mentioned, weight is a consideration in a 31', but as a generally solo traveler I love my Bigfoot Levelers, & I wasn't  overloaded when I weighed at the  Tuscon Escapade in 2015.  There's a lot I can do without in exchange for the convenience of pushing a button to put down/pick up my feet without being out in ucky weather.

As Jim mentioned about the barrel chairs, I like the swivel function.  I also like that if it's ucky outside I can move a chair to the kitchen area & have a space for yoga.  Likewise, with the drop table in the down position there's just more of a sense of space in the living room.  I find it more comfortable to sit in the barrel chair next to the stove when I watch TV, with a small folding footstool, rather than using the couch (the 4-Legged Alarm prefers the sofa).  The drop table has a small bit of storage & comes with a leaf; I've comfortably seated five for dinner (two folding chairs & one at the end on the sofa).  It seems to me not having the built-in dinette would allow more flexibility to customize the space to your preferences without the dreaded deconstruction of 5,287,946 screws/staples/unknown, buried, never-intended-to-be removed factory fastenings...

RE: four season traveling.  I've not yet invested in a Buddy Heater, but it's still in my head, though I've been comfortable in snow/subzero, & heat thus far.  If I'm somewhere more than a night in something extreme I do put on the windshield cover, but I also block off the cab (an adjustable shower rod across the entertainment center ledge allows for draping blankets that I tuck into the cabinet doors of the entertainment center).  I've also got pieces of those foam egg crate mattresses that I found at an auction; one big one goes behind the cab blankets if it's cold, and then I cut smaller sections to go behind the four big side window blinds (in summer I've got big folding truck windshield reflectors), along with the giant bubble wrap I scavenged from a friend's auto body shop in the kitchen/back window/roof vents.  The roof vent bubble wrap is attached to large pieces of cardboard that I then seal around the edges with clear packing tape for winter travel (if I'm somewhere nice, the windows provide plenty of cross ventilation, so I don't really need the vents in winter).  I also put a piece of foam in front of the coach door & drape a blanket from the overhead valance.  If I were full timing, I'm not sure how much space I'd have for the foam window inserts, but they fit fine in the shower during the day for me.

This is such fun to ride along with you & others as you decide on your new babies.  Don't forget, should your travels bring you through north Missouri, I've got 50 acres for boondocking for any LD  cult member, so just give a holler.

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #13
What size sleep number or do they custom build?

Jim

Without looking I believe it was a standard queen. It's now 16 years old but I could find the model # for you if you wish. The width of the space is rated at 58" I think, but because the SN bed is flexible, it squeezes it OK. Hard to make, but it works. The closet doors open but you have to push down on the bed to get them over it when it is made and has mat. pad on. 

Chris

Reply #14
In my 2013 31 IB,  the bed is the Queen of a very small country:  55x80.  I use full sheets which work pretty well.   I am always concerned about loading with the GVWR being what it is.  We opted for a walk around bed after decades of TTs where one had to climb out over the other.   We would have gone for a shorter, lighter model had it had a single bed.    Hard to cuddle in twin beds, and then there is the question of who got which dog.  Unlike the twin arrangement,  you only need a single dog ramp.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #15
Chet, one of the first modifications we made to our MB was to enlarge the space under passenger side couch in the rear lounge.  We have a folding table 32" wide and a outside lounge chair which is the same width, both are 3" to wide so we needed to make some adjustments.  We expanded the storage space under that couch in the rear lounge which made the seating area wider for that couch but fit without being a problem.  We added an additional piece of 6" wide foam by the full 6' 4" length which combined with the existing foam pieces from that couch make a Queen bed with about 10" of space between the bed and the other existing couch on the driverside.  We add a queen topper to give the whole bed a uniform fit and we use queen sheets and only remake the rear lounge when we need to have visitors riding back there.  That setup for us works great for the two of us or for me alone also but I can also sleep on that one couch without the additional foam or queen topper.  For us we are still looking for a way to make the front of our MB more comfortable with it's dinette more adaptable?

Karen~Liam
            98 ~ MB

1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #16
I am just not a fan of the length with the toad as you go down the road.  I guess you get use to it.

Good point on the length, John. With a Jeep in tow, you're looking at a total length of upward of 45' or so.  That may not be a problem for Chet but another consideration.

This would come in handy, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=fJrGKHMXtVU
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #17
My two cents worth on a small things.

It seems like converting couches into a bed each night would be a waste of time and the sheet sizes would be non-standard and a pain to install. Then to break it all down each morning would take more time.

Once or twice we put the twin bed size couches together which makes a King. Both standard sizes more or less. We thought it was a PIA. We use summer weight sleeping bags that we keep in the overhead bin. Set-up, Take downtime about a minute both ways. We never used the cabover bed and converted it to storage.

And does the AC keep it cool back there or is it like a solar box

The ac is in the middle, so it's equally hot or cool, front or back. Parking so you do not get the afternoon sun in the rear sure helps. So does closing the blinds. Also, elevation and latitude are most helpful in temp control. That's why it has wheels. This is a great month for the NW Pacific coast or the San Juan mountains.

As for a view in the rear, that's entirely up to you. We strive to only park where there is a view.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #18
Well, if you sleep with an 85 pound dog now, you had better make plans for her in the RV.  Ours took one of the mid bath twins and left us with the other.  we now make the king bed every day we are out.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #19
We're not full-timing, but we've been out seven of the last fourteen months in our 27' MB.  We use a 2" thick foam pad (king) to lay out on the expanded couches and it becomes a super-king.  We bought 2 king-size flat sheets (we initially tried a fitted and a flat, but it was a pain making the bed.  There are times we leave it all set up for a few days, especially if we are hitting the road every day.  Marie will sometimes stretch out while I'm driving and if we are on a long day's drive, I might stop and stretch out for five minutes just to relax before hitting the road again.  At other times, I fold up the sheets and blankets and throw them in the upper cabinets, roll up the pad and place it in the overhead.  It takes less than five minutes to make the bed and/or break it down.  We love our "sun-room" in the back and we've had some relaxing times just hanging out.

Marie likes to sleep in and I am an early riser.  I can open the bathroom door to block of the front area (like now) and sit at the dinette with my computer or a book, while Marie sleeps without being disturbed.  We also open the door in the evening when we are watching TV to cut the noise down from the AC unit.  As mentioned previously, if it is 110 outside, it's going to be impossible to get it down to 70 inside, but if you pull shades, block off the cab with a blanket and get the AC running early, you're fine.

We've thought about full-timing.  We spend a lot of time outdoors when we are traveling, or visiting friends.  Marie does a lot of sewing and crafting and as a musician, I like to practice my instrument and mess around with a keyboard when I write.  It's tough to do those things in the space we have, so we focus on them when we are home in Florida and focus on family and sightseeing when we are on the road.  As we settle into our routine (we've only had Bossa Nova now for fourteen months) it looks like we'll be on the road 3-5 months a year (maybe a 3-month and a 2-month trip) and in Florida 7-9 months.

Here's a picture of from Bossa Nova's "sun room" when we spent a week at Gamble Rogers State Park in Florida.  The site was on a sand dune overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, in Flagler Beach.  Because I'm a Florida resident geezer, the rate was $16.66 a night for the seven nights.  Not bad.
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #20
"We use summer weight sleeping bags that we keep in the overhead bin."

Sleeping bags are the bomb for ease of sleeping, pretty much any time of year.  We keep ours in stuff sacks, which then can be used as bolsters on the sofa, thereby freeing up bin space.  Mostly we just stuff 'em and toss them in the overhead bed in the morning.  Can also be used as a knee/leg prop, providing a "lounge" position on the sofa.

Stuff sacks are very useful for storing winter clothing and then used as bolsters or throw pillows on the sofa.  Actually, I line mine up along the very front edge of the overhead bed, which tempers the outside heat/cold that invades my sleeping area.  No need to move them while sleeping because they are totally earning their keep!

Virtual hugs,

Judie
      2005 RB
(one sofa and 2 chairs/commode table LR configuration)

Reply #21
Chet,

We've owned an MB and a RB before buying our 2011 31 TB.  I like the TB the best.  Having that bedroom set up and ready whenever you want it is nice.  Very nice.  Closing off the door to have a master suite complete with bathroom is nice.

Ours has the barrel chairs and sofa up front.  We like that better than the dinette we had in the MB and RB.  Takes up less space and those ugly little barrel chairs are great to sit in.

NCCAMPGUY

2011 31' TB

Reply #22
Okay, I don't get it. Why do you take down the king everyday?  We have a mid bath with the rear twin/king set up.  We only take down the king set up when we need the seats for passengers. (almost never)  Under the bed we keep the dirty laundry hamper, and anything too long that doesn't have a home elsewhere.  I do break it down when we get home to sweep the sand out from under it.  But why should we break it down just to travel?  We eat and plan routes at the dinette.  We sit outdoors whenever possible.  We use the king bed as a lounge for watching tv or reading.  Neither of us want to bang our head in the over the cab queen so it is used mostly for storage or an occasional grandchild's sleepover.  We really like the 26.5 length,  we can park in two parking spaces.  It is easy for both of us to drive. So far we haven't felt crowded.  I do have to admit this is the only LD we have ever been in.  They are few and far between here in the mid-west.  We have looked at lots of SOB bigger and smaller and couldn't ask for a better organized space than our MB.  No silly frills, slide outs that block access to the bathroom when pulled in, just well thought out straight forward layout.
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #23
"We use summer weight sleeping bags that we keep in the overhead bin."

Sleeping bags are the bomb for ease of sleeping, pretty much any time of year.  We keep ours in stuff sacks, which then can be used as bolsters on the sofa, thereby freeing up bin space.  Mostly we just stuff 'em and toss them in the overhead bed in the morning.  Can also be used as a knee/leg prop, providing a "lounge" position on the sofa.

Stuff sacks are very useful for storing winter clothing and then used as bolsters or throw pillows on the sofa.  Actually, I line mine up along the very front edge of the overhead bed, which tempers the outside heat/cold that invades my sleeping area.  No need to move them while sleeping because they are totally earning their keep!

Virtual hugs,

Judie
      2005 RB
(one sofa and 2 chairs/commode table L configuration)
"(one sofa and 2 chairs/commode table LR configuration)"

Have you noticed on the floorplan page of the LD Inc website that the RB plan no longer shows the barrel chair option? The MB plan still shows it. Wonder if this is because not many folks ordered it? Also, I never understood why the barrel chairs were placed on the TV side of the MBs and RBs where you could not enjoy their comfort while watching TV. As I've mentioned before, TV watching on the couch is not my thing. 

Chris

Reply #24
"Also, I never understood why the barrel chairs were placed on the TV side of the MBs and RBs where you could not enjoy their comfort while watching TV. As I've mentioned before, TV watching on the couch is not my thing. "

In our 2005 RB, the two chairs are on the passenger side; the television is behind the driver's seat.  The television is visible easily from either chair, if lying on the sofa, or if sitting at the dinette.  We use our television to watch CD's of The Great Courses occasionally, but otherwise, it is just taking up space.

On the few occasions that the television has been in use, I watched it (by choice) from the dinette, and Gary sat in the chair directly behind the passenger's seat.

I have not seen the inside of any other RB, but photos of Lorna's RB seemed to show the chairs on the passenger side.  Has anyone seen a different configuration involving chairs?  We really like it because we can move the chairs back a bit to make room for Gary's sleep chair in the aisle.  I don't know for sure if it would fit between two sofas.

Virtual hugs,

Judie