Skip to main content
Topic: Re: buying red LD on ebay gone wrong (Read 71 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: buying red LD on ...
Re: buying red LD on ebay gone wrong
None of those things are necessarily deal breakers. I would suggest others in the future have a plan to have the RV inspected by an inspector they designate if they go to pick up an RV remotely. Even have the inspection done before traveling.

- Generator - should still be able to test most functions in RV - especially if plug in. Generator fix is likely very minor if low hours.

- Leak - happens - the key is to inspect for long term water damage. Could also be very minor.

- Fogged window - wouldn't stop me at all. Fix at home or down by the Mother Ship at their glass place.

- Transmission - this sounds like a copout by the seller. I would demand to drive it myself.

Simple decency would have demanded that they made that RV road worthy as was described immediately. I hope Yelp has a good description of their service.

Re: buying red LD on ebay gone wrong
Reply #1
Matt, you are right on all points... after 3 days of insisting to drive unit, after sent to scott's for inspection the hotel bill was mounting and stress was having it's toll on my husband's diabetic state..a younger stronger man may have "not let it go", well we cut our losses to experience, and sometimes you just can't make a seller do the right thing. unfortunately..we won a ebay deal/offer, however Scotts may have also had offer for the full price...and yeh...been there done that!  gotta enjoy the journey, and stay strong