Skip to main content
Topic: Shades at dinette? (Read 171 times) previous topic - next topic
Shades at dinette?
The brackets holding the day/night shades at the dinette broke and the shade came crashing down on our last trip.  Crappy California road surfaces over the last few years are the likely culprit.  Each of the three brackets that hold it up were broken.  I ordered and received new brackets from the mothership and re-installed them with the same screw holes as the old ones, and the brackets look identical.

I re-installed the shades and the ends snap in with relative ease, but try as I might, I can't get the center bracket to engage.  Is there a trick to this? Upon re-examination, the mounting region on the shade and the bracket itself both look fine.  I'm stumped.

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Re: Shades at dinette?
Reply #1
No one has taken down these shades? Nothing in the Companion either. I guess I'll  have to call the mothership...
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #2
Harold,

Not sure I understand the issue. I thought you had mounted the shades already. Are your valance/cornice boxes removed?

We have “roller blinds in our ‘15. The manufacturers manual covers some details about their workings. If I knew what you needed, I could look in the paperwork and see if it has any information that would help.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
Thanks Kent,
The entire shade assembly fell down while driving south on I15. The valance is still intact. The roller shades still work fine, but the 3 brackets that hold the blind assembly to the top of the valance were all broken.
When I replaced the brackets with new from the mothership, and in the same screw holes as the original ones,  the ends of the shade assembly snap in, but the center won't snap in.
We'll  be offshore for a week leaving first light tomorrow (no phone or internet), but when I get home I'll  stretch a string between the two end brackets and make sure they are all in alignment.  Next I'll  try putting the center in first and then torquing in each end to snap into the bracket. Next comes the jackhammer.
Thanks for the offer to help!
2014 27 MB
Happy wife=Happy life