Skip to main content
Topic: Switch under kitchen cabinet, over sink and how do you turn on water heater? (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic
Switch under kitchen cabinet, over sink and how do you turn on water heater?
I have a 1990 LD TK. There is a toggle switch and electrical outlet on the underside of the kitchen cabinet over the sink, next to the microwave. When I flip the switch it doesn’t look like anything changes anywhere. Can someone tell me what the switch is for please?

Is there a chance this is related to the water heater? We have not learned how to turn it on yet,  I found the Atwood PDF online  from the lazy daze companion website and that is all the information I have at this point and how to operate it.
We are going camping in one week and would really like to learn more about the water heater. And that switch also.

Thank you so much.  I come to this site to read the replies every day.

1991 22' TK

Re: Switch under kitchen cabinet, over sink and how do you turn on water heater?
Reply #1
1990 is before my time, but all the ones I have seen have the WH switch on the hood over the range, along with the water pump and storage tank indicator.

No clue about the under sink switch - maybe prior owner mod.
2007 MB

Re: Switch under kitchen cabinet, over sink and how do you turn on water heater?
Reply #2
Is there a chance this is related to the water heater?

Hello Carrie.  If this is the water heater switch and if the propane tanks are open, you can open the exterior door to the water heater and see/ hear the propane flame.  Give it a try and see what you hear and see.  I'm guessing your LD doesn't have a panel with lights that shows black and gray tank capacity along with a few other indicators.  On our LD, that panel also has a hot water and water pump switch.  Let us know what you discover with "your switch."

Reply #3
I have a 1990 LD TK.
Is there a chance this is related to the water heater? We have not learned how to turn it on yet,

Our '83 had a manual water heater - don't know what year they switched to electronic. The manual one you light a pilot outside. If that was the case, and a remote-ignition model is there now, then that would likely be the switch you found.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #4
The panel with the water tank and energy levels actually DOES    have a switch for the water heater.  !!!   : )
 (in addition to the one under the cabinet)

We will try it sometime soon... (after the weather here cools down ... 102 in my backyard at the moment. Keeps us from tinkering with the LD the way we want to.)  

1991 22' TK