Skip to main content
Topic: A Multitude of Comments/Questions (Read 145 times) previous topic - next topic
A Multitude of Comments/Questions
I removed the prior message, since I couldn't remove the entire post.
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: A Multitude of Comments/Questions
Reply #1
Cheryl, I see a bunch of statements above.  What are your specific questions?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: A Multitude of Comments/Questions
Reply #2
Cheryl,
on the TPMS-  they may vary from what another gauge reads.   Of most interest is the trend, as in "are you losing pressure in one tire after you ran over something?".  It lets you know before the tire is ruined.  As for losing the reading on a sensor- is it the same sensor and is it one of the more distant ones?

I bought a small portable air compressor at Home Depot for about $25.   It only weighs about 3 lbs and fits in any spot.  I opted for the 120 Volt one as I can always run the generator.  It also was available as a 12 Volt unit.  It can take a while but it beats a bicycle pump.

I also have a Scangauge , primarily to keep an eye on transmission temp. It can read and display ODBII error codes, which are auto diagnostics.  One can google an error code and have an idea of the problem.   isn't the only product out there, just the one I purchased.

Re tires:  if there is uneven wear on the front tires, you might want to have the alignment checked.

Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE