Skip to main content
Topic: LD Sighting Indiana (Read 273 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Sighting Indiana
Hello whoever you are.

Fremont, Indiana Pilot Truck stop.  On my way home from our local Menards store.  Minutes from my back yard.  Hope you are heading north on 69 to enjoy what Michigan has to offer.

Today about 1:00 pm.   I had to turn around and be sure what I was seeing.   Green with Texas plate.

Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Re: LD Sighting Indiana
Reply #1
Ah yes, a glorious 30'er and the proper color to boot!   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
"..."official" color..."

Don't know about 'official', if there is such a thing, but it is my favorite And please excuse me, it's not green, it's Teal!   ;)  :D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #4
So Sorry my bad.  Teal it is.  ;)
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #5
LDy Lulubelle & I had great excitement this afternoon as Susie Devers stopped by in her baby blue '07 MB on her west coast to east coast to west coast trek to visit cousins & school friends. 

We were so busy talking we didn't think to take pictures before she headed on north to Iowa.  It's the first LD we've seen since Ladeze in Idaho in 2016, & Susie said she'd seen nary a one since leaving home, through Nevada/Utah/Colorado/Kansas/Oklahoma through Missouri.

Wonderful visit & so nice to see her baby.

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #6
From the LD "official" website. The two-tone green (teal) with green/tan interior is one of my favorites. Nice to have choices./

Chris

"..."official" color..."

Don't know about 'official', if there is such a thing, but it is my favorite And please excuse me, it's not green, it's Teal!  ;)  :D
Choice of interior cabinet finish in either maple or cherry.
Choice of interior color schemes in green/tan, brown/charcoal, gray/tan, brown/tan, blue/tan and
solid tan.
Choice of exterior accent colors in two-tone green, silver, brown, blue, or red.
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #7
Ah yes, a glorious 30'er and the proper color to boot!  ;)

Hmm I'd like to point out that there might be a person or two that maybe would disagree with you.  A person maybe might think that gray is a proper color for an LD........
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #8
" A person maybe might think that gray is a proper color..."

Could be, but oh so Blah!   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #9
We all pick the colors we like 😊 might not be the one you’d choose. Let’s just be thankful we have a choice 🚐😁
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #10
I was told the Gray makes the LD invisible in stealth mode, since it cuts through the wind so easy, that my story. I actually like all the colors, wish their were a few more. I would have loved a purple swirls and stripes, with gold accents, my LSU Tiger team colors 🐯 👀
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #11
Tiger (Clark) said, "... LSU Tiger team colors"

Now, now, now--don't you know that Tigers are Black & Gold?   ;)  ;)   Mizzou-rah!

Lynne
Lynne

Reply #12
Color choices aside we chose “ charcoal & silver” not gray. 🧐

My first up close and personal LD sighting was in Yosemite Valley around 2013. It was sitting in all its classic paint scheme Burgandy (Red?) along the meadow near the Village. I was awestruck.

At the time I didn’t know anything more than LDs were beautiful, durable and desirable. That encounter whetted my appetite and I couldn’t get LDs out my my head.

Fast forward to September 2014 on my DW’s and my color choice day. On the showroom floor were two models and a RB ready for pick up.

We stood back and stared for a while. The Blue model was striking and the Teal was mesmerizing. I looked at those two rigs and found myself staring at the paint color and found, for some reason, the beautiful Lazy Dazes disappeared behind the classic paint. Beautiful? Absolutely. They were both perfect I thought to myself. Then we turned around and looked at the RB with its new paint scheme in Charcoal & Silver. My DW and I were hooked.

The color blended into the beautiful stylings of the Lazy Daze lines. The color and the new paint scheme allowed me to see the LD lines. I wasn’t looking at the paint but rather the LD itself.

Even today while sitting under the pines I look at our beautiful rig and my eyes are drawn immediately to the LD and then the understated paint job. Ahhh....

I do enjoy the colors offered by LD. Teal is very satisfying to me and blue is cool and calming. Burgundy pops and says “Aren’t I gorgeous?”  Yes to them all. Yes you are all splendid and I’m glad to see you.

What could be better than to see a rainbow of LDs? I’m all for that.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #13
Continuing the veer off topic, we belong to a scooter club here in L.A., and one of the fun things when we have a group ride is all of the colors that show up. Reds, blues, greens, yellows, blacks, silvers, whites, creams, grays. We look like a kaleidoscope going down the road. 😎. — Jon, black scoot and gray TK.
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #14
 "Yes to them all. Yes you are all splendid and I'm glad to see you."

And may they never disappear!   ;)   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #15
When we had the house built in 1985 we had to make carpet choices.   When we went,  we took samples of dirt on the lot.  That drove our question 'which color best hides the dirt'?   With LD color selection,  we thought tan would hid the dust.  Our thoughts turned to the time it would be on dusty roads, and the time on pavement (only occasionally wet in California).  We opted for the grey which seems to better match the road grime.   Blue is my favorite color.   That did not prevail in carpet or RV colors.  ;)
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #16
Sorry my bad.  Teal it is;)
[/quote]
Or is it?????

What Color You See This As Says A Lot About How We Perceive Color | IFLScience

Even teals differ:
Blue-winged Teal Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Green-winged Teal Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
;D

Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #17
[ Sorry my bad.  Teal it is;)

Or is it?????

What Color You See This As Says A Lot About How We Perceive Color | IFLScience

Even teals differ:
Blue-winged Teal Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Green-winged Teal Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
;D

Indeed, my teal glasses frames were quite different from the teal kitchen countertop which was quite different from the teal of the nearby living room sofas (which had actually looked kind of forest green in the furniture store  :P, which led to my evolution from forest green to teal, since the sofas cost more than the planned countertop). 

Your links about visual perception of color reminded me of the recent Yanny or Laurel bit in the news...sometimes, I do believe, it's a miracle that we humans can communicate at all, given the variance in even something as simple as sensory perception.   ;D

Lynne
Lynne