Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Spare tire cover (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Spare tire cover
Re: Spare tire cover
Thanks to all for the help.  The air gun did not work and neither did the putty knife.  I was leaving on a trip and had to solve the problem.  I bought a 7/8" hole saw that just fit over the acorn nut. After cutting around the acorn nut, the tire cover was released.  I could then tighten the jam nuts and remove the acorn nut.  I then filled that hole with a 7/8" grommet that filled the hole I drilled.  The acorn nut can now be screwed back on the post with a washer to secure it.
Thanks again,
Alan 

Re: Re: Spare tire cover
Reply #1
Ray

03 FL - Springfield, MO

Hi, Ray--

Glad to see another member of the cult in Missouri.  ;D   I'm due north of you up 65 in Chillicothe.  Give a holler if you're ever coming this way.  Open offer for all LDOs for boondocking at my farm south of town.

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Re: Re: Spare tire cover
Reply #2
Ray

03 FL - Springfield, MO

Hi, Ray--

Glad to see another member of the cult in Missouri.  ;D   I'm due north of you up 65 in Chillicothe.  Give a holler if you're ever coming this way.  Open offer for all LDOs for boondocking at my farm south of town.

Lynne
Actually that would be a great idea for us rural LD cult members. A registry of those of us that would let other cult members boondock while passing through. I'd sign up.
Discuss anything with anyone and disagree agreeably. Always be polite and respectful.