Skip to main content
Topic: Ballpark of price to ask of 2006 31' Anniversary Edition (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic
Ballpark of price to ask of 2006 31' Anniversary Edition
Selling our 2006 31' LDAE.  I see  the companion site has the percentage of worth according to age of RV.  Is this still applicable to use when pricing your RV for sale?  It looks like these prices are base prices without additional items one may have added like solar, jack etc.  I hope this is the pew for the forum questions.  Thank you.

2006 31' IB Anniversary Edition; Tow 97' Wrangler

Re: Ballpark of price to ask of 2006 31' Anniversary Edition
Reply #2
"Is this still applicable to use when pricing your RV for sale?  It looks like these prices are base prices without additional items one may have added like solar, jack etc."
---
There are obviously many variables to be considered in arriving at a final asking price (listed many times over the years, so I won't here), but I believe that the sale pricing chart is a very good starting point.

I see many LDs for sale which, IMO, are unrealistically priced, ads that are very sloppily or deceptively written, lack pertinent data, sometimes including contact information, and offer no (or low quality) photos.

Additionally, it appears that some potential buyers (and sellers!) lack the knowledge and experience (and/or fail to do any research) as to the criteria that may increase (or limit) the appeal of a used LD; I believe that some basically sound rigs are passed over in large part because a seller has overpriced a rig, (or maximized/minimized the value of certain features and aftermarket add-ons), or a buyer has little idea how to assess the relative values of "feathers" (cosmetics and shiny stuff) and "guts" (diligent maintenance, repair, replacement).

I think that all one can do (to fairly price an LD for private sale) is to follow the basic template (provided), consider the numbers on the asking price chart very carefully, offer all basic information, including maintenance and repair records, list (with pertinent, identifying information) every upgrade, beginning with those in the "guts" category, be completely honest and straightforward about any "warts" or known issues, supply photos of the interior, exterior, roof, compartments, components (photos should accompany the ad, not request that a potential buyer contact the seller for them), and contact information, preferably an email address set up for the purpose of selling the rig. (A seller may want to avoid listing a phone number.)

Advertising to a wide market is the best idea, IMO; in addition to the LD forum classifieds (Mods: Any data on how many rig transactions take place from just this source?), some use Craig's List, RV Trader, and other classified listing services, local or other.

As with a lot of other stuff in life, YMMV!  ;)
2003 TK has a new home